Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought these fancy anti spray mud flaps from one of our parts suppliers, those things are heavy to say the least, you might score some at a truckstop or any big truck or trailer repair place.

Comment

• Could use an afterburner on the street, but the gearing for the trails is just about perfect.

I will give You and Fred a year and you will be building a couple of V8's
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• cool art , sorry i missed the shack down in person but looking forward to the hammer pics coming soon i hope .....ya curtis word on the street is freddy's already building the V8 to go with his atlas !!!

Comment

• First of Steve, when are you getting started on a Jalopy or are ya all talk and no you know what lol.
          Curtis it does really well offroad so the lack of power on the street is not that much of an impediment. Love the sound of a V8 but at the mist it will sport a 4.3 V6 is all the power it will ever need. Still amazed by those Pitbulls no weight no beads doing 70 downhill and not a bit of tire vibration. Try that with anything Interco makes.
          Screwed with a bunch of little stuff today and then started messing with a friend's CJ7
          after looking how the tailgate is rigged up on those darlings I might just copy that setup. Simple to make and will give better access to the back when I cover all that stuff up with some aluminum diamond plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by bullysteve View Post
            cool art , sorry i missed the shack down in person but looking forward to the hammer pics coming soon i hope .....ya curtis word on the street is freddy's already building the V8 to go with his atlas !!!
            I knew that was going to happen Its just a matter of time.lol

Comment

• Art when I was into sand drags a friend of mine had a V6 that could beat a few V8's.
              Last edited by curtis; 03-20-11, 10:27 AM.
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

• LOL.You guys know me to good.But I would like an automatic trans and it won't hurt to have an LS1 hooked to it.
                You can make it

Comment

• Fred have you checked out that manual shift setup for the AW4

Comment

• Jeep looks great, Art! Congrats on a job well done. Can't wait to see some pics of it on some real obstacles.
                    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

• I came real close to a AW4 but then thought that the 4.0 might not pull the 42's the way I want
                      You can make it

Comment

• It's all about gearing isn't it Fred, to bad they do not make 5.86 gears for a Dana 60 HP, that would make me close to estatic lol
                        For me another option for street power would be a PT cruiser Turbo motor. As it is my put put is going to run trails the way it is for this year. Lil Yeller needs some love before anything

Comment

• A trucker I knew used pieces of conveyor belt from cement dry mix plants. Any plant that moves sand or rock on a conveyor should go through a belt a year. Make your friendships and mark your calendar.
                          God forgives, rocks don't
                          -sons of thunder

Comment

• Fred with 42's I don't think you can get that spin when you need it not having a V8. I have heard that a twin turbo will get you that low end punch on a inline 6.

Comment

• Freddy seems to be pretty happy with a 4.3 to 1 Atlas and the 5.38 gears.
                              My 5 to 1 made me run most of Cleghorn in 4 th and 5 gear in low range, was fun to for a change wind the engine out with lots of power and make enough speed to blow to the trail. I like the terra low in my other Jeep, but the forever shifting between lo and hi range gets old.
                              I guess in the long run the little Jeep might get itself an Atlas also

Comment

• Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                                A trucker I knew used pieces of conveyor belt from cement dry mix plants. Any plant that moves sand or rock on a conveyor should go through a belt a year. Make your friendships and mark your calendar.
                                Finding a wholesale place that sells mudflaps, it would not be worth it to try and find somebody at a rock plant or what not you can get big mud flaps for 30 bucks or less for the pair

Comment

Working...
                                X