Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-8 in a Jeep

I'm in the process of installing a Ford EFI 302, C-6 auto, NP-208 t-case in my 1990 Wrangler YJ. I'm also putting 82 Wagineer axles under it. Dana 44 in front, AMC 20 in back. I'll update as it progresses. Right now, the Dana 44 is all that's in place.
    4.2 I-6(Autolite/Weber carb on owner built adapter, with owner built linkage, A/T, np231 t-case, Dana 30 front, Dana 35C rear w/Lockright locker, 31" Goodyear AT/S tires on Jeep wheels, Old Man Emu 3" lift kit, 1" owner built body lift, 1" t-case drop, 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix seats on Jeep tracks, Durabak coated interior panels and floor, Cobra CB, high lift jack on owner built rack on front bumper, owner built tube bumper on rear.
    COMING SOON: EFI Ford 5.0, C-6, NP-208 and 82 Jeep Wagoneer axles....
    hand me that hammer, I think I can make it fit....

Just wondering

Isn't the wag diff on the passengers side and the 208 TC front output on the drivers side or is it just me?
    1972 Jeep Commando

Comment

WAGGY FRONT DIFF...

I guess it depends on which Wagoneer you get. The front diff on the Dana 44 I got is on the driver's side. The wide tracks were on the passenger side, I believe. The rear axle was spring over, so I had to move the spring perches on that, too. It's being done this week. I'll post a picture for you.
      Last edited by rick90yj; 10-07-03, 02:46 PM.
      4.2 I-6(Autolite/Weber carb on owner built adapter, with owner built linkage, A/T, np231 t-case, Dana 30 front, Dana 35C rear w/Lockright locker, 31" Goodyear AT/S tires on Jeep wheels, Old Man Emu 3" lift kit, 1" owner built body lift, 1" t-case drop, 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix seats on Jeep tracks, Durabak coated interior panels and floor, Cobra CB, high lift jack on owner built rack on front bumper, owner built tube bumper on rear.

Comment

This is the front axle in place. (Notice the stock 235/75/R15 tires?)

Comment

Commando, he is correct, it depends on the year of the donor. Ricks must be later model. They have the centered rear AMC 20, and the driver side D44. The earlier narrow tracks were D30 and D44 on the passenger side and the wide D44s front and rear still on the passenger side starting in 74.

Erik

Comment

Trailbst...correctomondo...mine are out of a 1982 Wagoneer.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailbst
              Ricks must be later model. They have the centered rear AMC 20, and the driver side D44.
              Erik
              Rick that is what I said.

Comment

Yes, you were right.

I was just agreeing with you, and telling him what I got the axles out of.

Comment

V-8 in a YJ

A Ford 302 in a '90 YJ. Sounds like a hot set-up. How do you handle getting it smogged and registered? One day (if I win the lottery ) I'd like to drop a 5.9 V-8 from a '99 durango or Grand Cherokee in my TJ, but the red tape would be a nightmare.
                  It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                  and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Minnesota doesn't have all those smog tests and registration is just going in and buying a licence plate. I'll run the exhaust through a catalytic converter. It'll probably put out less emiisions than the carbed 4.2.

Comment

Originally posted by rick90yj
                      Minnesota doesn't have all those smog tests and registration is just going in and buying a licence plate.
                      Here in southern California, if a vehicle is over thirty years old it escapes the scrutiny of the Smog-Nazi's. The policy allows me the luxery of a 327 from a '66 Vette under the hood of my Willys. Unfortunately, it no longer has the original mechanical fuel injection, or original heads. It does have GM Vortec cast iron heads (which more than likely flow a little better than the originals, anyway), and an Edelbrock dual plane intake manifold with a 650cfm Edelbrock clone of the Carter AFB. I'm pretty content with the power and torque...

Comment

I had heard that the "smog nazis" were buying the cars over thirty years old and giving incentive vouchers to get people to buy newer smogged cars.

Comment

Smog Nazis

The Smog Nazis will buy older vehicles. However it is voluntary, and you won't get market value if its collectible or in demand (i.e. a 71 hemi 'cuda, '69 ss/rs camaro, etc.). The original law to scrap older cars was itself scrapped- Hooray for our side
                          It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                          and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Those two hags, Boxer and Feinstein, still try to sneak that scrapping law in as a rider on other legislation. How they can expect everyone to believe their absurd theory that less than 1% of the vehicles on the road in southern California are resposnsible for 95% of the polution, is beyond me. There wasn't this much polution when every car on the road was a '74 or older (and there were far more of them on the road, as well)...

Comment

Last time I checked, as long as the donor engine is the same year or newer and is installed with the original equipment that it passed smog with in the first place, you are legal. In other words, you can legally drop in a 350 as long as the block is from a '90 or newer vehicle and is equipped with whatever smog controls the engine came with in the original vehicle. Of course, I'm referring to cully-furnia smog nazi laws... most other states aren't that crazy yet, although there are several catching up with CA pretty quickly...

:shades:
                              Rick
                              1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                              My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
                              X