Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emissions testing.

Minnesota had emissions testing stations around the Twin Cities until around 2001. It was determined that the testing was NOT having an effect on the emissions, and that the emissions levels were already coming down when the stations were first mandated by the state. They are a boondoggle and you are being blackmailed and swindled if you have to get the tests. Good luck
    4.2 I-6(Autolite/Weber carb on owner built adapter, with owner built linkage, A/T, np231 t-case, Dana 30 front, Dana 35C rear w/Lockright locker, 31" Goodyear AT/S tires on Jeep wheels, Old Man Emu 3" lift kit, 1" owner built body lift, 1" t-case drop, 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix seats on Jeep tracks, Durabak coated interior panels and floor, Cobra CB, high lift jack on owner built rack on front bumper, owner built tube bumper on rear.
    COMING SOON: EFI Ford 5.0, C-6, NP-208 and 82 Jeep Wagoneer axles....
    hand me that hammer, I think I can make it fit....

Comment

well, here in california, we are at the top of the "being swindeled" list i think we are getting used to it.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Doesn't your new governor own a couple of Hummers? Maybe he'll team up with our former governor (HINT: I'm from Minnesota)and they'll body slam some legislators into backing down.
        4.2 I-6(Autolite/Weber carb on owner built adapter, with owner built linkage, A/T, np231 t-case, Dana 30 front, Dana 35C rear w/Lockright locker, 31" Goodyear AT/S tires on Jeep wheels, Old Man Emu 3" lift kit, 1" owner built body lift, 1" t-case drop, 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix seats on Jeep tracks, Durabak coated interior panels and floor, Cobra CB, high lift jack on owner built rack on front bumper, owner built tube bumper on rear.
        COMING SOON: EFI Ford 5.0, C-6, NP-208 and 82 Jeep Wagoneer axles....
        hand me that hammer, I think I can make it fit....

Comment

Rick, You are correct. As long as the donor engine is newer than the chassis, and has all the applicable emissions equipment that was factory installed, the motor swap is deemed legal.(As long as all the components are in place and functioning propery.) I have been involved with many of these swaps, and the new OBD2 systems can be tricky. I have had the BAR (Bureau of Automotive Rectums oops I mean Repair) fail a conversion, due to a long range aux tank that was not a factory installed option. In this case, the return line was incorporated into the intank pump, and the aftermarket tank was modded for the pump, so therefore, they considered the tank part of the emission control. Since the long range tank was not a dealer item, we had to work with the factory tank, and mod the pump to work with it. After the BAR signed off, the long range tank went back in. The point is, if you plan to take this on, make friends with your local smog guy, and
          BAR rep, ask as many questions as possible, and try to get them to give you a list of all they will require, that way if they ask for something in the future that wasn't on their list, you have some negotiating room in making the correction. These guys are generally fairly cool and will guide you in the right dirtection if you give them the chance. If you get caught trying to sneak something by them, you can count on them getting offended, and making your life hell. My 2 cents..................Q

Comment

Originally posted by Qubicon
            The point is, if you plan to take this on, make friends with your local smog guy, and BAR rep.
            (read: offer them huge bribes, or drugs, or hookers, or whatever it is they want). Personally, making friends with a CARB (California Air Resources Board) rep is like embracing Satan and all of his ways...

Comment

I just said to make friends, but all that couldn't hurt Do you need any friends?

Comment

A person can always use all the friends he can get; but you'll have to supply your own money, drugs and hookers...

Comment

Working...
                X