Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions

i have a couple of questions...... what kind of oil do yall recomend using for high rev's and stuff cuz i do ALOT of trail ridding and im worried that at the high revs im pullin its gonna break something... also what kind of upgrades/add ones i can do to my motor to raise the torque and horsepower and get a little better gas mileage.... any help will be greatful
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"][LEFT]2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport 4.0
    2 Inch Suspension, 3 Inch Body
    33 Inch Buckshot Maxxis Mudders
    on 15 Inch Pacer Sawblades 3 3/4" backspacing[/LEFT][/COLOR]

what is considered "High Revs?" If you have fairly low miles, I would switch to synthetic, but honestly you'll probably never hurt the I6, unless you run it dry.

also, IMHO there is nothing you can bolt on that will make a significant difference. Build a stroker if you want high torque and HP.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by MuddyJeep01
      get a little better gas mileage.... any
      Nothing
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

oooooooooook this is what i have come up with as far as engine mods........a header, 2.5inch front to back exhaust with banks cat back system, maybe throttle body spacer, cold air intake (K&N)and maybe a chip ?? anything else i can add on to get more power with out going into the engine ? also i head they make a blower from the I6 is it true ?

and as far as oil im just lookin for a good brand of synthetic im runnin quaker state 4x4 blend synthetic in it now i just rolled over 71000

Comment

don't wate your money. unless you need to.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

any synthetic is good.

and dont waste your money. all that garbage isnt going to help much.
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
              all that garbage isnt going to help much.

except maybe the supercharger

Comment

STEP AWAY FROM THE QUAKER STATE! i have worked on cars all my life, and i cant even begin to count the number of engines that i have seen that have failed due to quaker state oil. others may have a different opinion, but thats what i've seen first hand.

Comment

please lead me to a oil that is worth buying then lol and as far as the supercharger banks is comiin out with one soon for the I6 i talked to them today about the stuff they offer for a jeep for now its only a header and a cat back exhaust and soon to be a supercharger

Comment

Originally posted by dr hook
                    STEP AWAY FROM THE QUAKER STATE! i have worked on cars all my life, and i cant even begin to count the number of engines that i have seen that have failed due to quaker state oil. others may have a different opinion, but thats what i've seen first hand.

I find the quaker state comment interesting. I've used it in my Jeep since day one (conventional not synth) with no problems to 105K miles. What do you think is wrong with it???:dunno:
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I just switched to synthetic oil and am now using quaker state...is there something I need to know before my 2nd oil change with synthetic? I can easily switch to a different brand...

...also I'm sure this forum would love to help out with horsepower-gaining tips and tricks for the I6, but my personal experience is that if you live in CA, you better leave well enough alone or the smog police will come a knockin' at your door...!

I know most folks from the other 49 states don't have these problems...
                      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

i go with the mobil syintetic blend, 7000 miles :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
                        ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
                        |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
                        ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
                        Locked and Ready

Comment

I 2nd the Mobil 1 in my 02 TJ, 2000 ML430 and 06 Winnebago/Ford V10 just to keep thing simple and I understand it's one of the only synthetic that is compatiple w/dino oil in case you need to add and don't have syn. oil plus the Quaker State like others are blends and not fully synthetic, probably why there less expensive too.
                          Supercharger can be a torque theif and may only work for high rpms, good if your street racing. Most of us rely on torque to get us around on the trails and with the I6 producing 85% of maxium torque at idle you don't need to wind it up to go. Save your money there do the exhaust/header thing and stay away from the chips, I've only heard they can make problems. Get lockers/gears, armor, drivetrain upgrades... the stuff that will make a difference and maybe a 69 Charger to go really fast in, you own a Jeep.

B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                            ... the stuff that will make a difference and maybe a 69 Charger to go really fast in, you own a Jeep.

B&T TJ
                            Like my '69 AMX "Go-Pack" scoots with plenty of zoot! 390 V8, 325 HP, 425 Lb-Ft Torque & room for only two so hang on!

Save the Jeep for the trails, it's better that way, wind profile of a brick, suspension designed for rocks, not a race corse :cone: :cone: & CG way too high for tricky street moves. Unless you consider flexing over your neighbors :censor: Honda import tuner car as tricky. :devil:

I too 3rd the Mobil 1 useage.

Rick OllllllO
                            " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
                            Rick W6RE

Comment

i switched to royal purple syn. 10w30 but havnt got to drive it since the oil change lol

Comment

Working...
                              X