Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for all the tips on the oil...i know its a dull subject but it's one of the most important! I think i'll flip some extra $$ for the Mobil 1. Like they say, you get what you pay for.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Consider Amsoil Synthetics

I've used Mobil1 for many years. A couple of years ago I got setup with Amsoil and I can sign anybody up for dealer pricing through their online store. www.amsoil.com, select the ONLINE STORE. You can sign yourself up, you can use my sponsor number: 1185580 - Christopher Brown. It's the first item in their product line up, called PERFERRED CUSTOMER package. It's $10 and they'll send you a product catalog and price list, and when you check out all of your prices are recalculated to wholesale. Let me know if any of you are interested. I am also happy to send you a product catalog or the flyer on products for 4x4's and offroad rigs.

All synthetics are compatible with dino oil. If you dilute your synthetic by adding regular oil then you should just change it at a normal interval. Synthetics will provide much longer drain intervals if you want to take advantage of it - up to 25K or once a year. I do all my rigs at 5-7K just because it's cheap insurance, and because I have VERY expensive motors in my other vehicles. As they come out of warranty it's just cheap insurance for longevity. BTW, Amsoil has a new line of filters that are the best available. The are also designed to last the full duration of extended drain intervals. No more having to change the filter half way through. If one is concerned about oil condition a chemical analysis is quite inexpensive, and can be done so you don't have to worry. I don't bother, I just change it out, it's about the same as going to a quick lube for the cheap stuff.

Synthetics do work better, motors run smoother and cleaner, and should something catastrophic happen like an overheat or some other failure they will protect your motor much better. They are also better at preventing dry-start condition. Same for auto-trans if you have one. They make trannies shift much smoother and they run cooler. Highly recommended. I have yet to hear that someone changed over and didn't notice a difference. Great for big-rigs too, pickups, motorhomes, heavy trucks, etc. They even have a compatible oil for the new Allison electronic automatics found in GM heavy chassis. I have one in my motorhome.

All synthetics are good. Amsoil tests show theirs to be the best, but I guess you can make a test prove anything you want. Still I like the product because it does have a good reputation and they have product for virtually every application so you don't have to hunt all over for various engines and gear trains. In fact they offer a whole array of products especially for offroad and 4x4's. amd a whole line of marine and diesel applications. Pricing is comparable to other synthetics, dealer price on synthetic motor oil is about $5.35 a quart, cheaper in larger bottles like 1gal and 2.5gals which are also more convenient to use. They make recycling easy too.

Some folks don't like their marketing hype, or their dealer distribution method, but the products are good and you don't have to 'sell' it if you don't want to. Just buy it at cost if you want the best product for your rigs.

I'm with the rest of the guys - all those engine mods for a jeep are a waste of money. They really won't do much and your money is better spent on making your rig trail ready.

---Chris Brown

Comment

Working...
      X