Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think 90% of use here would be fine with a 2 spd tc. Sure the different selections of gears is nice but comes at a price. If you are thinking more than 2 spd look at the Dana 20 Klune V combo http://www.high-impact.net/transmiss..._D20_combo.htm . I totally forgot about this option and everything looks really good about it. I contacted them once before and I think the price was around $1900. If you need even more gearing, there is a 3:1 gear set for the Dana 20. Only down side to this is getting your speedo to work and all the levers you need

As for gear ratio, in rocks it is generally said you want 80:1 to 90:1. When you start seeing people talking about 120:1 its usually because they a 4 cyc engine.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

FYI- Not sure if this is a new site for them or just new info but just got off the phone with them and they told me about this site. http://atlas-tc.com/

has anyone had trouble with the 2 speed and wheeling in different terrains. I obvously dont do too much mud, but from rock to normal trailing. With the 3 speed stack and the 4 speed atlas there are a lot of options to choose from.
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
      Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
        FYI- Not sure if this is a new site for them or just new info but just got off the phone with them and they told me about this site. http://atlas-tc.com/

has anyone had trouble with the 2 speed and wheeling in different terrains. I obvously dont do too much mud, but from rock to normal trailing. With the 3 speed stack and the 4 speed atlas there are a lot of options to choose from.
        if you are going to do it.. i say go all the way with it. there is no point trying to save a couple of hundred bucks on an item like this. you'll have to live with it for a looong time. you'll lkely move it to your next jeep.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

AAHHHHHHHHHHH I know!!!! You right on that...... I love and hate big purchases
          Supe
          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

AAHHHHHHHHHHH I know!!!! You right on that...... I love and hate big purchases
            Be sure to keep us all informed on the decision/progress...
            Last edited by steelman; 03-04-06, 12:47 AM. Reason: typo!
            -Bob
            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

So I think I have my mind set on the Stak 3 speed. I should be ordering it sometime this week
              Supe

Comment

i have to admit, i am a bit jealous.
                can i try it?.... can i try it?
                ERIK

Comment

So I think I have my mind set on the Stak 3 speed. I should be ordering it sometime this week
                  You must be single
                  Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                    i have to admit, i am a bit jealous.
                    can i try it?.... can i try it?

Honey, for you........anything....

You must be single
                    Yes, I am..... build 'er up while I have $$
                    Supe

Comment

Honey, for you........anything....
                      :thumbs_up
                      ERIK

Comment

Does anyone know of ones installations of the stak 3 speed or the atlas 4 speed? I believe I heard at TDS someone knew someone who did.

Would be interesting to see whats required from floor to skid plate....

97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                        WEB site

Comment

So far I only know of one person personaly (somewhat) that has purchased this; though, he hasnt intalled it yet due to other jeep mods. I will keep an update on the install. I kow the dimensions are very close with the Atlas so I am assuming that the install will be similar to the atlas.
                          Supe

Comment

http://stak4x4.com/gallery/tcase/Big/MB_tcase5.jpg

Yay!

I got them to even sketch a skull out on there. Well they are going to try atleast. Good guys so far to deal with. I have been chatting with them here and there.
                            Supe

Comment

Originally posted by OllllllO
                              Consider this:
                              EB Dana 20 & a Klune V combo will give you more ranges than any 2 or 3 speed TC if you like levers & stuff... Twin stick the D20 & the magic Klune V lever added makes 3! Heck you can have anywhere from 1:1 to an almost 10:1 crawl ratio that's insane pokey slow....With the right gearing you could be over 200:1 stupid ludiculous final drive ratio. All this & it's only 1" longer than the NP-231 is with the typical short shaft kit installed. Food for thought if you are really going to research ALL possible options on this TC swap stuff. You get a gear driven TC & planetary gear reduction all in one package. It's a bit less cabbage & most importantly, a TC range for any terrain, dominate!

Rick OllllllO
                              I just can't see that working from a driveshaft angle standpoint.

I'm a good 2-3" shorter with the atlas as opposed to the 231. With 4" lift, belly up and a LP44 I had to use a limit strap to prevent cv bind.

might be ok with a 4 banger if you move the engine forward but with the I6 I just don't see it.
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I had the EB 20/Klune-V setup 2 Jeeps ago, Even posted about it up here & several sites. Most are nay sayers though & go for big marketing names so I usually don't say anything about it, do it the way ya' see fit but if anybody is researching ALL options, it is one to consider.

It worked great & if I didn't get an NV-241OR for a song & dance, id have done it again....

Rick OllllllO
                                " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
                                Rick W6RE

Comment

Working...
                                X