Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tjTerry
    replied
    I will not be able to make it to TDS as I will be taking my son to Laughlin for his 21st birthday. You guys take it easy on your jeeps so we can get out on the trails soon.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by tjTerry
    Well today was the first offroad test drive of new 456's and 8.8.
    the gearing is perfect on the highway and a HUGE improvement offroad.
    70 MPH = 2700 RPM with 33's in 5th OD. per GPS
    I ended up going with a Detroit in the rear and ARB with 30 spline hardend axles up front. I am quite satified with the Detroit, it is no problem on the pavement.
    The only issue I have is the driveline collar rubbing on the muffler when the tire is fully stuft into the fenderwell. A new shorter muffler will fix this soon. A SYE is in the future, but does not seem to be needed as there is no vibration at any speed. I still need to get air to the front ARB. The disc brakes work great too.

This is without a doubt the best mod to my JEEP so far. Many thanks to JPyj for hooking me up with a GREAT deal at Hoopers rearend Exchange. Hoopers did everything I trailered my jeep in and drove it home the next day.
    Glad to hear everything is working out! So will we see you at TDS?

Leave a comment:

• tjTerry
    replied
    Well today was the first offroad test drive of new 456's and 8.8.
    the gearing is perfect on the highway and a HUGE improvement offroad.
    70 MPH = 2700 RPM with 33's in 5th OD. per GPS
    I ended up going with a Detroit in the rear and ARB with 30 spline hardend axles up front. I am quite satified with the Detroit, it is no problem on the pavement.
    The only issue I have is the driveline collar rubbing on the muffler when the tire is fully stuft into the fenderwell. A new shorter muffler will fix this soon. A SYE is in the future, but does not seem to be needed as there is no vibration at any speed. I still need to get air to the front ARB. The disc brakes work great too.

This is without a doubt the best mod to my JEEP so far. Many thanks to JPyj for hooking me up with a GREAT deal at Hoopers rearend Exchange. Hoopers did everything I trailered my jeep in and drove it home the next day.

Leave a comment:

• tjTerry
    replied
    Originally posted by brian4.2
    Muy Bueno! Be good to see you out there again.
    All these good improvemnts may make me look like I know how to drive. Its got to help.
    T

Leave a comment:

• brian4.2
    replied
    Muy Bueno! Be good to see you out there again.

Leave a comment:

• tjTerry
    replied
    My new 8.8 with arb and 456 gears is ready for install. Joe also got me a great deal on bigger hardened axles and arb for the front too. This also gives me disc brakes on the rear. It should be all ready next week.
    Yea I'm almost ready to romp again!!!!

Leave a comment:

• tjTerry
    replied
    Originally posted by igofshn
    What is the width of the 9". I'm interested.
    Axle to Axle aprox 61" Come by next time you are down for the weekend. I live in Agua Dulce near Rowher Flats.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    i feel your pain! i went and did all of that stuff to my jeepp and havent taken it out yet! now the locker is slowing me down.
    tds! gotta be ready for tds!
    good luck with yours terry!

Leave a comment:

• tjTerry
    replied
    I am JONESIN bad I need my jeep on the road, it maybe a couple of weeks more. By the time I get it all together again. But the weekend I get it fixed I am going camping and wheeling all weekend. I will post a last minute trip when I get it together. It is going to be awesome to have some low gears finally.

Leave a comment:

• tjTerry
    replied
    Originally posted by igofshn
    I will measure it and let you know. I got home late we were in Paradise for the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEBWA%3AIT
    terry.. here is something for you to look at on ebay. this is a great start for the front hub conversion.
    this stuff is about $1000 retail price.

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tjTerry
    replied
    The warn kit also allows you to run a better U joint. That is what I am looking into.
    As for the 9" it is a better rearend. The deal I am getting gets disc brakes and 31 spline axles for alot less $$. The rotor will hold a broken axle nearly as good as a bearing retainer plate. With either rearend with a broken axle you are not going to drive it home on the freeway.

I have a 9" 31 spline for a 5 on 5.5 with leaf pads if anyone needs one for a Cj. It should be a pretty easy install. The width is close to a CJ. I is out of a 70 ford 1/2 ton pickup. I have an extra drop in 3rd member with it both with highway gears.

Too many options! Too much $$$$. SYE next.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    Originally posted by brian4.2
    I just did a high pinion D30 in the front. $500 plus all the stuff you need to upgrade anyways. Stonger set up due to the pinion hitting the ring gear on the "drive" side.
    that is true.. the tj dana 30 is weaker than the yj. the yj ahs the reverse cut ring, and pinion. but either way, if you get the warn hub conversion on the tj axle, and you find the next weakest link on that... you can still utilize all of the parts on the yj reverse cut 30.
    lots of decisions to be made.

Leave a comment:

• brian4.2
    replied
    I just did a high pinion D30 in the front. $500 plus all the stuff you need to upgrade anyways. Stonger set up due to the pinion hitting the ring gear on the "drive" side.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X