Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well today was the first offroad test drive of new 456's and 8.8.
    the gearing is perfect on the highway and a HUGE improvement offroad.
    70 MPH = 2700 RPM with 33's in 5th OD. per GPS
    I ended up going with a Detroit in the rear and ARB with 30 spline hardend axles up front. I am quite satified with the Detroit, it is no problem on the pavement.
    The only issue I have is the driveline collar rubbing on the muffler when the tire is fully stuft into the fenderwell. A new shorter muffler will fix this soon. A SYE is in the future, but does not seem to be needed as there is no vibration at any speed. I still need to get air to the front ARB. The disc brakes work great too.

This is without a doubt the best mod to my JEEP so far. Many thanks to JPyj for hooking me up with a GREAT deal at Hoopers rearend Exchange. Hoopers did everything I trailered my jeep in and drove it home the next day.
    456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Originally posted by tjTerry
      Well today was the first offroad test drive of new 456's and 8.8.
      the gearing is perfect on the highway and a HUGE improvement offroad.
      70 MPH = 2700 RPM with 33's in 5th OD. per GPS
      I ended up going with a Detroit in the rear and ARB with 30 spline hardend axles up front. I am quite satified with the Detroit, it is no problem on the pavement.
      The only issue I have is the driveline collar rubbing on the muffler when the tire is fully stuft into the fenderwell. A new shorter muffler will fix this soon. A SYE is in the future, but does not seem to be needed as there is no vibration at any speed. I still need to get air to the front ARB. The disc brakes work great too.

This is without a doubt the best mod to my JEEP so far. Many thanks to JPyj for hooking me up with a GREAT deal at Hoopers rearend Exchange. Hoopers did everything I trailered my jeep in and drove it home the next day.
      Glad to hear everything is working out! So will we see you at TDS?
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I will not be able to make it to TDS as I will be taking my son to Laughlin for his 21st birthday. You guys take it easy on your jeeps so we can get out on the trails soon.
        456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Working...
        X