Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have personally been friends with the guys at finishlinewest for years. And they do quality work i have seen many RACE trucks come out of their shop. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and it should be kept to that.... One of the main reason guys hang out here its to get away from the BS on pirate... but unfortunately lately it has turned into a board that most communication is done thru PM's to avoid the hostility and bashing that has been here lately. You dont like his work GREAT so move on there are plenty people who do. We all work hard for our money and spend it how we see fit, some time we make good purchases and sometimes bad..... I know elliot hes does great work and is just trying to get by and get more into the jeep market (instead of the prerunner world) work is slim right now so... They build some bad ass SEMA cars and have been doing it for many years.

With that being said cant we all get along.........
    Last edited by dr.dirty; 05-30-09, 08:59 AM.
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post

As for the cage listed in the link, if you are concerned about safety I would start looking else where for a properly designed cage. Squares and rectangles dont make for a strong cage design. Look for something that has X's and triangles.

Just something to think about.
      Any thing is better than nothing

i see many guys running the rock hard cage (to include my self) i dont expect nascar strength out of it but it does help add a little saftey in the event of a rollover or flop

and you know people are throwing money left and right at Rockhard and my 6 year old daugter welds better than those guys do

so just because you have a welder and a shop and a known name doesnt mean your making TOP notch parts

Im sure elliot would be more than happy to raise his prices but hes trying to help the jeep brothers out not screw them over with ungodly installation prices

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
        Any thing is better than nothing

i see many guys running the rock hard cage (to include my self) i dont expect nascar strength out of it but it does help add a little saftey in the event of a rollover or flop

and you know people are throwing money left and right at Rockhard and my 6 year old daugter welds better than those guys do

so just because you have a welder and a shop and a known name doesnt mean your making TOP notch parts

Im sure elliot would be more than happy to raise his prices but hes trying to help the jeep brothers out not screw them over with ungodly installation prices

Correct. I posted above or on another thread. About the $80k sand rail. Father and son died. A lot of people blamed the welder and designer of the cage. Just because you pay a lot for a name brand or a popular builder doesn't mean anything.

Honestly, if I paid $80k for a sand rail I would expect to feel as safe as a tank! I am sure they did too. That wasn't the case.

Comment

lets see the pictures of the sand rail.
          sign me up for the 20 dollar an hour welding guy.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

shit ill weld it for 20 bucks an hour at that price id take 10 hours to do it also

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
              lets see the pictures of the sand rail.
              sign me up for the 20 dollar an hour welding guy.
              Ill see if the pics are still up. It was a heated thread and the families came on there (signed in) and asked out of respect the thread be closed and deleted. I know it was closed, not sure if it was deleted. I'll check. This was 3yrs ago.

Comment

I don't lie. Here are your pictures. Yes, both people died. The family trusted they did it right. They were wrong. No need for comment. Topic was closed/deleted on another forum for a reason. If anyone is heartless and wants to bash this builder or comment I will delete the pictures. It is only here to show what can go wrong REGARDLESS how much you pay.

Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-30-09, 09:44 AM.

Comment

there are clearly a lot of things wrong with that cage, but how fast was this accident?
                  that is a real shame.
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                    there are clearly a lot of things wrong with that cage, but how fast was this accident?
                    that is a real shame.
                    I know. It's sad. I don't remember. Really. It was 3-4 years ago. But, if I remember right he came up one side of the hill and didn't know it was a razor on the other side and roll 30-40 feet.

Oh...and for the record, no alcohol was involved.
                    Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-30-09, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I can't read any of this because all I hear is quack quack quack. I guess bottom line is pay for what you want, its not my life. Personally I don't mind paying for quality products and not a similar knock offs. Price is soon forgotten, Quality is not. If you want to go into this with blinders, thinking this is bitichin stuff, thats cool. The point of my posts were to educate. Its too bad you took them personally.

Oh and this is the tech section, I would suggest you find a section better suited to a group buy.
                      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I can't read any of this because all I hear is quack quack quack. I guess bottom line is pay for what you want, its not my life. Personally I don't mind paying for quality products and not a similar knock offs. Price is soon forgotten, Quality is not. If you want to go into this with blinders, thinking this is bitichin stuff, thats cool. The point of my posts were to educate. Its too bad you took them personally.

Oh and this is the tech section, I would suggest you find a section better suited to a group buy.
                        ok so what of theirs HAVE YOU SEEN Fail and due to the fact you have no first hand experience with there products what makes you think they are poor quality? I guess you have to have a name like genright to get any love here everyone starts out small and cheap. people tend to forget the little guys thats why this country is the way it is.. Its all about the name..

end rant
                        Last edited by dr.dirty; 05-30-09, 12:30 PM.

Comment

How did you educate when all you did was knock it by price? Confused. Is that the new education system? I know you know enough to chime in. I just wish you would have put your education hat on and took the "Chris" hat off. I might have learned something. I was looking for more of how the cage was built, and if they are up to specs more than price.

Both those go hand and hand here. It was a group buy "thought", and to get some feedback on how things are done. It's not my personal group buy as it's not my business.
                          Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-30-09, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                            ok so what of theres HAVE YOU SEEN Fail and due to the fact you have no first hand experiance with there products what amkes you think they are poor quality? I guess you have to have a name like genright to get any love here everyone starts out small and cheap. people tend to forget the little guys thats why this country is the way it is.. Its all about the name..

end rant
                            Nothing, and I'm not talking about FLW specifically. In fact, they were never mentioned in the first part of the thread. I'm talking about cheap labor and poorly designed cages in general. $150 to install a cage is cheap and the one listed on that website is a poor design. Thats all I was saying, now its turned into something personal and bigger. :dunno:
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Actually it was. This thread was a carry over from the other thread started by "Jeeperator". Your wife said last night you two had been following along, and you two were up to date. Elliot's name and Andy's name were been mentioned. Even a web site and phone numbers where handed out. Now, today the MODS have gone through and "edited" some. But last night at 11:30pm when you posted, it was all there

I agree. Like I said (then more posts come in) last night and today. Number and address and even web sites were posted. It solved "Jeeperator" question if it was a "real" business or a "secret". Now that out of the way. Let's see if we can get back to the original post I posted and see if we can become safer and a "fair" price.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                                How did you educate when all you did was knock it by price? Confused. Is that the new education system? I know you know enough to chime in. I just wish you would have put your education hat on and took the "Chris" hat off. I might have learned something. I was looking for more of how the cage was built, and if they are up to specs more than price.

Both those go hand and hand here. It was a group buy "thought", and to get some feedback on how things are done. It's not my personal group buy as it's not my business.
                                Here, I will quote myself. Please notice the use of "I" in the following quote. Do I really need to start my post with "My Opinion:"? The second thought is the education section. Roll cage design is not as simple as straight tubes.

$150 is not nearly enough money to weld in a "cage." Having done a couple cage installs myself, I wouldnt even think about welding in a cage for $150. I guess my point is I would be weary of the quality I'm getting. I'd ask for a portfolio of work done or maybe take a look at what he has around the shop.

As for the cage listed in the link, if you are concerned about safety I would start looking else where for a properly designed cage. Squares and rectangles dont make for a strong cage design. Look for something that has X's and triangles.

Just something to think about.
                                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                                X