X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ: Group buy for roll cage

I decided to start a new thread and not hi-jack someone elses thread

I am talking to a fabicator/welder. He does have his own shop. I hope to have an answer or starting point for those who want to upgrade their roll cage. I don't know about you, but seeing that video was enough for me to start looking. I am going to get a group buy for upgrading the factory roll cage and replacing it with a full roll cage. Two different prices.

Let me know who would be interested and well see if we can get a good price.

-Ron
    Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-29-09, 10:52 AM.

Ok. Elliot will add the front part (link below) and add some pipe to the rear (attaching to your stock roll cage) for $350. If you want a full cage (removing the stock roll bar), he will charge $525.

http://www.swracecars.com/Files/pdf/CATpg22.pdf
    (same as "roll cage conversion" and additional pipe in the rear. To make the rear better.

Comment

I just talked to him. The pipe used is .120 wall and 1 3/4. Not "DOM".

If anyone wants to purchase the kit (http://www.swracecars.com/Files/pdf/CATpg22.pdf) on the link, he will get "DOM" pipe for the rear (where the rear windows are) and weld both them up...

Break down
      $199 kit
      $100 for rear "DOM" pipe
      $150 weld
      --
      $449
      *Basically $100 more for the "dom" pipe. Plus shipping the kit.

Comment

Who's plumbing a toilet in their Jeep?

$150 is not nearly enough money to weld in a "cage." Having done a couple cage installs myself, I wouldnt even think about welding in a cage for $150. I guess my point is I would be weary of the quality I'm getting. I'd ask for a portfolio of work done or maybe take a look at what he has around the shop.

As for the cage listed in the link, if you are concerned about safety I would start looking else where for a properly designed cage. Squares and rectangles dont make for a strong cage design. Look for something that has X's and triangles.

Just something to think about.
        Last edited by JeepGal; 05-29-09, 05:36 PM.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
          Who's plumbing a toilet in their Jeep?

$150 is not nearly enough money to weld in a "cage." Having done a couple cage installs myself, I wouldnt even think about welding in a cage for $150. I guess my point is I would be weary of the quality I'm getting. I'd ask for a portfolio of work done or maybe take a look at what he has around the shop.

As for the cage listed in the link, if you are concerned about saftey I would start looking else where for a properly designed cage. Squares and rectangles dont make for a strong cage design. Look for something that has X's and triangles.

Just something to think about.
          I have personally seen his work. He is a vendor here and has posted his work to view.

I am also a business owner, I know there is always someone wanting to keep busy and the other guy that is broke as "homeless" that say he will not work for less than $150hr. Ask him what's on at 12pm or 2pm. He'll tell you. He's at home watching tv. No work. I am sure you get my point. In my life, I always notice a trend. Someone online will always say how they will not work unless they get $150hr, don't go cheap. They are also the same person who goes to the swap meet and wants a deal, so the seller only makes a $1. Funny... Maybe someone just wants to earn a living, pay some bills. I see nothing wrong with it. By the way, I was at his shop today. He had four Jeeps there!
          Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-29-09, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Ya'll take a deep breath and stop bashing each other.
            I have seen the welds on Jeeperator's cage is a clean install with good welds.
            As for the other Welder nice work.
            Somebody wants to work for less than the other guy, it's free enterprise as well as what ever your time is worth to you. So please stay profesional and go install some cages. Both offerings are an exceptional deal if they deliver what they promise

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
              Ok. Elliot will add the front part (link below) and add some pipe to the rear (attaching to your stock roll cage) for $350. If you want a full cage (removing the stock roll bar), he will charge $525.

http://www.swracecars.com/Files/pdf/CATpg22.pdf
              (same as "roll cage conversion" and additional pipe in the rear. To make the rear better.
              Ok guys heres the skinny If you want a addon or full cage this is a bargain. The way I see it this guys is hardly making any money and you should take advantage of it. His business name is Finish Line West and from what I could see he makes some really nice tire carriers for JK's. I couldnt find him as a vender on this website and he only has a total of 3 post but thats no biggie. I also didnt see any pics of his installed cages either but who cares his welds are beautiful and price for labor is almost free. Maybe Ron will "pipe" in and post his phone number and location so everyone can take advantage of this bargain of the century. Ron its all yours, im sure everyone thanks you for this great deal you have set up.

Comment

I think it's finishlinewest.com 760-885-6054

Comment

So is he only doing YJ's or can he do TJ's too and would it be the same price?

After watching the roll video, my sons TJ Will have a better cage in it before he starts doing any tough wheeling. (hell probably needs it even more just for street use)

Comment

Honestly, I am not sure. I have seem to have got caught up in the middle. His number is above. Ask for Elliot.

Comment

pm me for my personal number if you would like to talk to me about pricing or my work or refrences. this has nothing to do with the owner of flw. so please dont blow up the shop phone just pm me

Comment

I have personally seen his work. He is a vendor here and has posted his work to view.
                        me too.

I am also a business owner, I know there is always someone wanting to keep busy and the other guy that is broke as "homeless" that say he will not work for less than $150hr. Ask him what's on at 12pm or 2pm. He'll tell you. He's at home watching tv. No work. I am sure you get my point. In my life, I always notice a trend. Someone online will always say how they will not work unless they get $150hr, don't go cheap. They are also the same person who goes to the swap meet and wants a deal, so the seller only makes a $1. Funny... Maybe someone just wants to earn a living, pay some bills. I see nothing wrong with it. By the way, I was at his shop today. He had four Jeeps there!
                        Nothing wrong with paying the bills. I'm just making sure you know that you typically get what you pay for and a cage welded in for $150 is no exception. If it turns out sweet and bitchin, then I've been proven wrong. But unfortunately the only way to make money on something like this is down and dirty, in and out. We're talking safety here, not bumpers or rocker guards.

I like to work on one Jeep at a time, does that make me less of a fabricator? A welder does always not make a weldor.
                        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Like I told your wife. That couple that bought that $80k sand rail still died. Cage was done wrong. So, money doesn't mean you get it done right!! Here is the problem again explained to your wife last night. No one that does these (unless someone says different) is an engineer! All back yard welders. Next best thing is someone who does this for a living. So, we can all say, " oh those welds are great" but do they know what they are doing? $20hr or $150hr DOESN'T GUARANTEE THAT. Sorry. You go off previous work and word of mouth. Ask a few questions. In the end is someone wants $20hr or $150hr and the work is good. I will go with the best price

Question? Do you get estimates on your house when work is done? Do you go with the highest price to make sure it's done right? Of course not. So to come on here and say the highest price is the best is just silly.

Is it safe to assume your friends with Jeeperator and nothing I am going to say is going to show you my view. I'll say it for the 5th time in case your not keeping track, I have nothing to gain NOR do I know them personally. I just posted this to help.

As for your last question. I'll answer it with a saying I heard. What do you call a doctor who graduates last in his class? A Doctor! Your doctor you see now, did you ask for his grades or did you just go there because he is close? What about your kids doctor? Did you ask him/her? Did you check the state of California for anything on their record? Do I? Yes, 100%. Ask anyone I know. It's funny how people are picky about one profession, but not another when they are equally important. So, in case you missed the punch line. I am aware a welder isn't always a welder.

Have a great day Chris

-Ron
                          Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-30-09, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Is it safe to assume your friends with Jeeperator and nothing I am going to say is going to show you my view.
                            You assumed wrong! I havent met him yet. I dont understand what your trying to say, I am trying to send all my homeless starving welders business to your way cheaper welder. I hope this is legit because your reputation is on the line. I hope this is not one of those bait and switch scams. Because honestly is sounds too good to be true. Who trying to get $150 hour? It took me and the welder every bit of about 8total hours to install this add on cage start to finish. Not to mention this was the second cage we did so it was a little faster and more refined than the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                              You assumed wrong! I havent met him yet. I dont understand what your trying to say, I am trying to send all my homeless starving welders business to your way cheaper welder. I hope this is legit because your reputation is on the line. I hope this is not one of those bait and switch scams. Because honestly is sounds too good to be true. Who trying to get $150 hour? It took me and the welder every bit of about 8total hours to install this add on cage start to finish. Not to mention this was the second cage we did so it was a little faster and more refined than the first.
                              If you want to argue..fine. You have my attention. Well continue until they lock the thread. How old are you? As someone else PM me last night, are we in pirate4x4 now? Geeez. Grow up. Move on.

Honestly, I can give two sh!ts less. Nothing to do with my reputaion. Not my business. The work he has done thus far is fine. He is a little slow, but, it's fine.

As stated before, I can careless if it took you 8hrs because you had 10 beers and are a novice. One person is always going to be quicker and better than another.
                              You remind me of the people when I called around for my lift. Oh, that will be a 2 day job a local guy told me. I need to charge $600-$800. I told him I am getting quotes of $300-$450. Same song and dance. Of, those guys had no experience. Well, the shop for $300 who did the work has been in the same location, same owner, doing the same lifts since 1982!! That kid was probably in grade school learning his "abc's" back then. Yep! I went with the $300 lift (labor). Took him 2hrs. NOT 16hrs.
                              Last edited by Jeep4cern; 05-30-09, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X