This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
    Nothing, and I'm not talking about FLW specifically. In fact, they were never mentioned in the first part of the thread. I'm talking about cheap labor and poorly designed cages in general. $150 to install a cage is cheap and the one listed on that website is a poor design. Thats all I was saying, now its turned into something personal and bigger. :dunno:
    you are correct it has turned into something personal

i dont agree with the fact that cheap labor equals poor quality FLW is just looking to Reproduce something simalar to the photo im not sure whos cage that actually is

Elliot at FLW is trying to help fellow jeepers out with and afordable solution to help keep your occupants safe.

he isnt trying to sell these outright this is a local SOCAL thing because honestly nobody on here wants to here of some one dying on the trail because the cage cost to much
    Last edited by dr.dirty; 05-30-09, 12:44 PM.
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
      Actually it was. This thread was a carry over from the other thread started by "Jeeperator". Your wife said last night you two had been following along, and you two were up to date. Elliot's name and Andy's name were been mentioned. Even a web site and phone numbers where handed out. Now, today the MODS have gone through and "edited" some. But last night at 11:30pm when you posted, it was all there

I agree. Like I said (then more posts come in) last night and today. Number and address and even web sites were posted. It solved "Jeeperator" question if it was a "real" business or a "secret". Now that out of the way. Let's see if we can get back to the original post I posted and see if we can become safer and a "fair" price.
      Believe it or not, I don't keep track of every thread on this board. We're talking in this thread, and there was NO meantion of FLW here. I don't care about the other thread.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
        Here, I will quote myself. Please notice the use of "I" in the following quote. Do I really need to start my post with "My Opinion:"? The second thought is the education section. Roll cage design is not as simple as straight tubes.

Not sure what your getting at? But, I am the OP (original poster) and if your not going to give your professional opinion and only want to argue, please don't post and troll another thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

YAY! I get the last word! Because after this Im closing the thread

Bottomline. It is indeed your choice. In our experience, especially where cages are concerned, you indeed get what you pay for.

If you choose to put in a poorly designed cage, for a cheap installation, it is again your choice.

We are trying to make sure that you have enough knowledge to understand what you are paying for in OUR EXPERIENCE. Take it or leave it.

As Chris stated in one of his earlier posts, you really want to look for a cage that is structured with triangulation. Not just boxes and rectangles, as they fail. You want adequate support in the areas around the doors (look at the failed cage on your $80k example, it just folded).

You want quality tube.

Regardless who is building it, make sure you know what youre getting. If you can find someone who does quality work for cheap, go for it. Good luck with your cage purchase.

End of story.

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Update:

After talking to Ron on the phone(Jeep4Cern) and DrDirty through pm's. I was more confused. Dr Dirty said that the Vendor was doing it "at a profit loss because most of America is broke right now"

That prompted a call to the Vendor, FinishLineWest.com. If FLW was indeed doing such a noble thing, I wanted to give credit where credit was due!

Much to my surprise, Andy (the owner of FinishLineWest) knew nothing about it. It appears that the work was side work being done by his employee.

Nothing is wrong with side work. Its great in fact. A little money in the employees pocket, a great deal for the customer. I think its great.

I just wanted to clarify that this was NOT OUR VENDORS OFFER.
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
            X