Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

Hello,

I’d like to introduce myself and my new ’00 TJ Sport 5spd. I’ve had it for about two months. I haven’t had a Jeep for about seven years (had a few old BMW’s and a 30 year old Porsche 911). My wife and I borrowed my dad’s TJ last summer for a trip into Wyoming and Montana, and had such a great time, we decided to get one. It’s fun to be back around Jeeps!

I grew up around Jeeps in Colorado—I had a couple before I even graduated from High School. My favorite was a ’74 CJ 5, with a 258, T-18, and Dana 44’s with 4:27’s. I put a six-point cage in it, and a mild lift. I’ll have to dig up some photos of it. It essentially had the Renegade trim package without the 304. I sold it while in grad school in Vancouver after I had commuted with it several times between Denver and Vancouver (that’s a drive!).

This Jeep will be getting a new soft top and some 31’ BFG’s soon. I’d eventually like to swap the ring and pinion gears (it’s got 3.07:1’s now) to something a little higher, and perhaps get an Auburn Ected locker. I’m also looking into the best way to do a 2” lift.

I’d like the Jeep to be as capable as possible on the trail, but it must also be capable of long road trips. This summer I’ll be taking it back to Colorado (my folks have a place outside Ouray).

This picture is near Holcomb valley—I forgot the trail number. It’s the beginning of a rock-garden type section which was a little too ambitious for my Jeep at present.

I’d really like to make this Jeep capable both long trips and yet as capable as possible on the trail. I look forward to learning from you all here, and hopefully, meeting up with you guys on the trail this summer.

Best regards,

Ryan

Edit: the pic works if I click on it, but it's not displaying...Hmm
    Last edited by Ryan Murphy; 06-07-07, 01:23 PM. Reason: Trouble with pics

Welcome...pics no worky
    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

hey welcome.. your right next door to me.

Comment

Welcome to MJR! I hope to meet you on the trails soon!
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

try those pic's again! would love to see your rockin Jeep! welcome!
          Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

There it is! Thanks for the responses--I look forward to meeting you all.

Ryan

Comment

Nice jeep....welcome to the fever!! See you out there soon, I am sure.
              Your Jeep Rocks!!

BobO
              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Hey, your Jeeps leaning to one side...

Nice Rig, lets go get it dirty!

Rat
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Murphy View Post
                  There it is! Thanks for the responses--I look forward to meeting you all.
                  Ryan
                  Hey! Nice jeep! I'm glad you got the pic to work. Looks like you found Edison Road (2N83). If it is, it's a short but tough little run up to a residential area in Green Valley. Is that the one? How'd you like it?

This is me and Scherf68 on that trail last weekend:
                  [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                  Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Malachi -- good eye! That's exactly where I was. Nice lookin' Jeep! So...that's the line, eh? I don't think I had the necessary clearance. Maybe I was just being a pansy.

Rat Patrol--let's go! I have to leave town for two back-to-back trips Monday morning. Who's up for a little Jeepin' on Saturday?

R.

Comment

Hey Ryan, glad to see you on the board!
                      Sarah
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome! I'll be Jeepin around Ouray sometime between July 16-28. Maybe we can get together for a day run.

Comment

Originally posted by mrthieba View Post
                          Welcome! I'll be Jeepin around Ouray sometime between July 16-28. Maybe we can get together for a day run.
                          What are you favorite trails? We'll be there in August.
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Imogene Pass from Telluride to Ouray,,,can do Black BearPass and make it a loop, or Ophir for easy run. Also Engineer pass from Ouray toward Silverton. They are not difficult, but very scenic. I grew up north of there, still go back about every year. Mat

Comment

Hi Sarah, thanks for the warm emails. When in August are you guys going? I think I'll be out there the last week of August. It would be great to meet up.

Comment

Working...
                              X