Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Adventures of Dave's Old Jeep

I'm not new to the forum, but I haven't been wheeling with the MJR crowd in a while.

My former elevation challenged jeep might not be recognized on the next run. I'm having a RE 4.5 with 1"BL installed.

I can't wait to take it out and give it a try. Pictures to come tomorrow once it's out of the shop.

Dave

Yay! and congrats!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by dhsundance View Post
      I'm not new to the forum, but I haven't been wheeling with the MJR crowd in a while.

My former elevation challenged jeep might not be recognized on the next run. I'm having a RE 4.5 with 1"BL installed.

I can't wait to take it out and give it a try. Pictures to come tomorrow once it's out of the shop.

Dave
      Outstanding Dave!!! Can't wait to see the pictures.... we (you and I) need to try Bronco Peak with your new lift.

BobO
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
        Outstanding Dave!!! Can't wait to see the pictures.... we (you and I) need to try Bronco Peak with your new lift.

BobO
        Funny you should mention Bronco Peak. That's exactly where I'd like to go with the lift. It was a bit of a challenge at near stock height. I had a 2" BB and bald 33s. This should make it a bit easier.

However, I get the keys to my new house tomorrow. My fiance would shoot me if I go wheeling on Sunday when I should be moving our stuff. It may be weeks until I actually have time to move. Now that is a cruel twist of fate.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dhsundance View Post
          Funny you should mention Bronco Peak. That's exactly where I'd like to go with the lift. It was a bit of a challenge at near stock height. I had a 2" BB and bald 33s. This should make it a bit easier.

However, I get the keys to my new house tomorrow. My fiance would shoot me if I go wheeling on Sunday when I should be moving our stuff. It may be weeks until I actually have time to move. Now that is a cruel twist of fate.

Dave
          Lucky! I have a 4.5" RE waiting to go on, but I need tires first! Hopefully next month I can scrape enough dough together to get some nice 33s. I've been looking at the TrXus tires a lot... I've heard some good things about them, and they're similarly priced to BFG ATs, one of the other tires I've been looking at.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

you don't like the Goodyear MTR? or do you wanna be different from the rest? I love my MTR's!
            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

A couple of parking lot pics

I forgot to do a before measurement but it measures 26 inches from ground to sliders. Also shows new Teraflex t-case skid mated to a Skid Row engine skid.

1" Body Lift

Currie Steering

Too shiny Jeep in my new house's driveway. Lift is 4.5" RE with 1" BL. Wheels are American Eagle 102 with 315 75 16 MTRs.

I can't wait to get it up to Big Bear. I seem to get hung up in the same spot on Holcomb Creek every time. No more! The shop which did the install was impressed with how much I tore up the stock t-case skid.

Dave

Comment

Looks good man!

and Kodiak... MTR/s are good if you wanna go ice skating through traffic in the rain and have absolutely no traction in the snow
                |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                  MTR/s are good if you wanna go ice skating through traffic in the rain and have absolutely no traction in the snow
                  and that has what to do with rock crawling??? :dunno:

if your worried about driving on the street a lot... buy a car. :wink: :thumbs_up :yay: :cactus: :cone:
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I can't say I have had alot of time with my MTR's in the snow, but the little bit I did do, I didn't have any trouble... but I dunno, yeah, I mean get what ya want, obviously, I just think the MTR's are awesome on the rocks, and the MTR sidewalls are all that and a bag of chips...
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally Posted by swbooking
                      MTR/s are good if you wanna go ice skating through traffic in the rain and have absolutely no traction in the snow

and that has what to do with rock crawling???

if your worried about driving on the street a lot... buy a car.

I have nothing! except allen got OWNED
                      Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                      Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                      www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
                        I have nothing! except allen got OWNED
                        LOL!
                        -Bob
                        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                          Looks good man!

and Kodiak... MTR/s are good if you wanna go ice skating through traffic in the rain and have absolutely no traction in the snow
                          Cuz that happens ALOT in San Diego!

(sorry Allen, couldn't resist!)
                          -Bob
                          '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Yeah actually it does rain in SD last time i checked... and i forgot we all trailer our jeeps everywhere...

and P.S. i hate you all...
                            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X