Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more "newbie"

Well, I have joined this site as a way to gather more information about Jeeps as I am thinking of picking one up. Yes, it will be my daily driver and will see limited off road use. I am looking at the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee as a daily driver as I want a 4x4/AWD, but don't want a car and don't want a full size SUV.

I want something with decent interior space for myself as the driver and for my daughter in the back seat in her child seat. I also want room inside to carry stuff, but don't need a full size. Still want decent maneuverability and ease of parking.

So, that is why I am here. I live in Central Iowa, soon to be divorced, and have an 18 month old daughter that is my life. And followed close behind her is my Mercury Marauder that will get retired from daily driver duties and start seeing more modifications done to it. And who knows, maybe my daughter and I will enjoy a little off roading in the Jeep at some point.

So that is me. Looking forward to learing all I can on here.

Thanks,
    Eric
    2004 Mercury Marauder - "Silver Bullet"
    Future Jeep owner?

Originally posted by Eric91Z View Post
    Well, I have joined this site as a way to gather more information about Jeeps as I am thinking of picking one up. Yes, it will be my daily driver and will see limited off road use. I am looking at the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee as a daily driver as I want a 4x4/AWD, but don't want a car and don't want a full size SUV.

I want something with decent interior space for myself as the driver and for my daughter in the back seat in her child seat. I also want room inside to carry stuff, but don't need a full size. Still want decent maneuverability and ease of parking.

So, that is why I am here. I live in Central Iowa, soon to be divorced, and have an 18 month old daughter that is my life. And followed close behind her is my Mercury Marauder that will get retired from daily driver duties and start seeing more modifications done to it. And who knows, maybe my daughter and I will enjoy a little off roading in the Jeep at some point.

So that is me. Looking forward to learing all I can on here.

Thanks,
    sounds like a liberty or a 4 door JK may be a good fit. good luck.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Hi.. I have and 03 Grand Cherokee WJ as my daily driver and I love it!!... Plenty of room (I have a 2 year old).. Ive never had anything but a car before it and I didnt notice any difference in the parking. Mine isnt AWD but Im pretty sure some of the older versions are (mine has the option of
      4WD full time and part time).. Can't say a whole lot for the offroad capability but its a Jeep they're all awesome .. It handles great in the snow.. we got a foot of snow last week and we were out at 7am that morning pulling out people who were stuck.. I'd definitely recommend a Jeep I know I'll never buy anything else

Comment

Welcome aboard! You should check out the 4 door Wranglers.

Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Liberty and the JK Unlimited may be a good idea for you.
          The older XJ's were mighty 4x4's, so for comfort and capability the older cherokees are sweet!
          I'd suggest a wrangler...but eh, they don't fit your wants....they're itty bitty.
          WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
          [_____]
          (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
          []--o---[]

Comment

Welcome

Sarah
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
            X