Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

hey everybody!

I just registered and wanted to introduce myself. I am from Columbia, VA.
    My current ride is a 2000 Wrangler. This is my second wrangler my 95 was destroyed in a hurricane at the outer banks in 99.:mad:

I love the wrangler for it's versatility and durability. My 2000 currently has over 210,000 miles on it I am an outdoorsy chick who loves to fish. (fresh and saltwater).

Looking forward to hearing other jeepers perspectives on matters.

That's alot of miles for a 6 year old Jeep. Wow! Welcome aboard. I like to fish also here in So Cal. I usually go trout fishing in the winter when the lakes are stocked. Powerbait on #18 T hooks, it's easy. I did pull out the flyrod and go up to upper Otay, Got a few bites, but did't land any.
    2004 TJ X
    Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Great to hear from you! Yeah I know it's alot of miles but I moved to a great spot on a lake that I could enjoy being away from all the chaos. I am 62 miles away from my job plus had to travel alot for work.

It's worth it to feel like I am truly away when I am home. Some of the people who live in town spend as much time on the road as I do(1.5 hrs. each way) stuck in traffic and at least I am moving so it's not sooooo bad.

You are a brave one to try fly fishing I would probably put my or some other innocent bystanders eye out whipping that line around.

I fish mostly at Trice's Lake which is where I live. My favorite is largemouth and the Zoom salty super fluke watermelon seed kicks some bass everytime.

Comment

Welcome!

You gals are making me miss the days when I fished small streams in the mountains of Wyoming for trout...roadtrip???
        -Bob
        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Life is short steelman Fish Hard!

You don't have to go through it wishing about fishing. Go Fish. Like your jeep what kind of tires are those? Did you need a lift for them?

Comment

Originally posted by GOFISH
            Life is short steelman Fish Hard!

You don't have to go through it wishing about fishing. Go Fish. Like your jeep what kind of tires are those? Did you need a lift for them?
            Good advice...Thanks!

The tires are Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's - 33"x12.5" r15. I do have a lift...2" springs and a 1" BL. I think that's probably the minimum you need to run this size tire...
            -Bob
            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Welcome to the site...
              Supe
              97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
              Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Thanks Supe!

I am glad I joined. It's a great group of peeps with jeeps!

Comment

Welcome to MJR. I too love to fish and now I am getting my boys to love fisshing too !!
                  :wink:

Comment

Thanks Medicmahem!

That's what I like to hear. Kids being introduced to the great outdoors. Way to go Dad! It's sad how many kids never play outside or explore wonders of nature.

Comment

welcome. :yay:
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Welcome aboard! Your jeep rocks
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks to all for your warm welcome!

Comment

welcome.yeah thats alot of miles to drive a wrangler but i can understand,i'm always looking forward to getting in my jeep and just driving it,somewhere,anywhere..its alot of fun.!!!

Comment

Thanks Wildbill!

happy camping!

Comment

Working...
                              X