Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jeep Ownner: Question about tires

Hi guys. I just bought a 2005 Jeep Wrangler X yesterday, and it will be coming in today. I'm pretty excited as this is my first wrangler. I had a Cherokee before.

My question is: What is the biggest size tires I can put on my new Jeep without having to modify any other parts of it, i.e. lifts or rims and such?

Any help would be appreciated, and if at all possible, if u can post pics of that size tire on a Jeep to give me an idea what it would look like, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot guys.

You can fit 33's on it stock, but it's going to rub some. And congratz on your new jeep purchase.
    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Congrads and welcome. Are you going to be rtaking your Jeep off road or is it street only ? If you go offroad i think you will rub the crap out of it. I think 31's or 32's at the biggest. But I do not know the stock size on a X. You can always do a 2" budget boost for a few hundred bucks and then put some bigger meats on it.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, and Sarah, lol.

Actually, the original Jeep never came in even though I was promised it Tuesday.

So, I went in today, not too happy to say the least. So, they found me another Jeep just like the one I originally got, but with the premium audio package, leather steering wheel covers, 30" tires with the upgraded rims, and they wanna sell it to me at the same price.

It'll be in in the tomorrow morning, so I'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow, FINALLY.

Comment

Congrats you your new Jeep and welcome to the forum!

Post some pics up when you get them

Dont forget to wave!

Tam
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

if it came with 30's then you probably got the upgraded rear axle...which is a nice bonus and it should be geared at 3.73 which will allow you to run 31x10.50 tires real nice. i did that for years before lifting and running 33s. if you dont plan on doing much off roading, i wouldn't go any bigger than 31s. theres a lot of nice tires out there for a decent price in that size, i would recommend bfg all terrain. congrats on the purchase lets see some pics
              Neil

FOR SALE: 01 TJ Sport
              5 spd, 4in skyjacker, 33mt/rs, detroit rear, lock-rite front, 4.56's, safari snorkel, yada yada yada, im broke

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                My Jeep!

Comment

Tires

I'd go with 32 BFGs. Your next question will be "Mud Terrain" or "All Terrain"! He,hee! If it's gonna scoot you to work and also offroad, I'd go with All Terrains which is what I've got. hope that helps.

Comment

Welcome to the cult!!!!!

Jason
                    The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeepmuddin247
                      I'd go with 32 BFGs. Your next question will be "Mud Terrain" or "All Terrain"! He,hee! If it's gonna scoot you to work and also offroad, I'd go with All Terrains which is what I've got. hope that helps.
                      I wouldn't go with any of those. :yay:

the MTR is an all around good tire. if you want something more street based I'd go with the Dueler AT. size is up to you but I'd start with 31s. :2:
                      Last edited by sarah; 11-16-05, 10:27 AM.
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                      X