Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum w/ YJ

Hey guys I recently bought my first jeep, although they aren't brand new to me as my dad did own a '95 and is now working on a '77 CJ. I've been lurking here for a while, but am now coming forward, complete with pictures

1992 YJ
    31" tires
    I don't know enough to tell honestly if it is even lifted

Picture 1

Picture

Welcome to the site! Don't worry about your jeep not being lifted.....There are plenty of people here to help convince you to change that in due time.....
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

tell you what, just get together a years salary and we will advice you ( as we argue amoung ourselfs) on the best set up for your jeep

WELCOME aboard
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Welcome! Nice jeep

Jeri Lyn
        Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Yea, that's in great shape. Don't worry about the lift, learn to wheel without and you'll be that much better. Oh, and welcome aboard!

Michael
          1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
          3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Welcome to MJR! Where in Ohio are you? I'm originally from Wilmington between Cincinnati and Columbus.
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes guys

haha blackzzr i have no doubt about that

king4wd2, I go to school at Wright State near dayton. You or anyone else know of any wheeling spots in this part of ohio? I'm looking to start small anyway.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Your Jeep Rocks!
                Sarah
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

From the pics it appears that the shackles are longer than stock providing some lift.

Stock are 4" long, if you have 6" shackles you will get approx 1" of lift , 'cos you're only moving one end of the spring :yay:
                  "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

And if you're going to put any kind of "wheeling" time on those extended shackles, either get some one to reweld the front shackle perches or change them out to Slickrocks. MAJOR failure point on YJ's (my Dachshund does better welding than DC did on the stock perches)
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY
                    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Lighting Guy
                      king4wd2, I go to school at Wright State near dayton. You or anyone else know of any wheeling spots in this part of ohio? I'm looking to start small anyway.
                      You might want to give this guy a call

Ohio Valley Off Road Assoc.
                      P.O. Box 325 l Boonville, IN 47601
                      (812)897-2591
                      (812)897-8941

Or

Kentucky 4WD Assoc.
                      c/o Don Ford
                      127 Lakeshore Dr. l Hardinsburg, KY 40143
                      (502) 756-2883/756-5609
                      (Kentucky isn't that far, but the drive through Cincinnati can be a pain in the rear end). Maybe these people can point in you the right direction.

I don't know where in Ohio they go wheeling at because I didn't start wheeling until I moved to CA and met my husband. In that part of Ohio there isn't much unless you go to Eastern Ohio or going into Indiana or Kentucky. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

Wright State!! Had a few friends that went there. Go Raiders!!!
                      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
                      X