X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• king4wd2
    replied
    Originally posted by Lighting Guy
    king4wd2, I go to school at Wright State near dayton. You or anyone else know of any wheeling spots in this part of ohio? I'm looking to start small anyway.
    You might want to give this guy a call

Ohio Valley Off Road Assoc.
    P.O. Box 325 l Boonville, IN 47601
    (812)897-2591
    (812)897-8941

Or

Kentucky 4WD Assoc.
    c/o Don Ford
    127 Lakeshore Dr. l Hardinsburg, KY 40143
    (502) 756-2883/756-5609
    (Kentucky isn't that far, but the drive through Cincinnati can be a pain in the rear end). Maybe these people can point in you the right direction.

I don't know where in Ohio they go wheeling at because I didn't start wheeling until I moved to CA and met my husband. In that part of Ohio there isn't much unless you go to Eastern Ohio or going into Indiana or Kentucky. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

Wright State!! Had a few friends that went there. Go Raiders!!!

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    And if you're going to put any kind of "wheeling" time on those extended shackles, either get some one to reweld the front shackle perches or change them out to Slickrocks. MAJOR failure point on YJ's (my Dachshund does better welding than DC did on the stock perches)

Leave a comment:

• aston
    replied
    From the pics it appears that the shackles are longer than stock providing some lift.

Stock are 4" long, if you have 6" shackles you will get approx 1" of lift , 'cos you're only moving one end of the spring :yay:

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Welcome aboard! Your Jeep Rocks!
    Sarah

Leave a comment:

• Lighting Guy
    replied
    Thanks for the welcomes guys

haha blackzzr i have no doubt about that

king4wd2, I go to school at Wright State near dayton. You or anyone else know of any wheeling spots in this part of ohio? I'm looking to start small anyway.

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    Welcome to MJR! Where in Ohio are you? I'm originally from Wilmington between Cincinnati and Columbus.

Leave a comment:

• RUBICONN
    replied
    Yea, that's in great shape. Don't worry about the lift, learn to wheel without and you'll be that much better. Oh, and welcome aboard!

Michael

Leave a comment:

• Jeri Lyn
    replied
    Welcome! Nice jeep

Jeri Lyn

Leave a comment:

• blackZZR
    replied
    tell you what, just get together a years salary and we will advice you ( as we argue amoung ourselfs) on the best set up for your jeep

WELCOME aboard

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Welcome to the site! Don't worry about your jeep not being lifted.....There are plenty of people here to help convince you to change that in due time.....

Leave a comment:

• Lighting Guy
    started a topic New to Forum w/ YJ

New to Forum w/ YJ

Hey guys I recently bought my first jeep, although they aren't brand new to me as my dad did own a '95 and is now working on a '77 CJ. I've been lurking here for a while, but am now coming forward, complete with pictures

1992 YJ
    31" tires
    I don't know enough to tell honestly if it is even lifted

Picture 1

Picture
Working...
X