Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifted !!

Today is the day. The day i have been waiting for.. waiting 5 months for this, today is the day i get my jeep back from the shop offroad with my newly installed 4inch fabtech lift with 33X1250 MT Baja Claws... I am getting this as a graduation present... and its going to be sweet ! Iam pretty sure my dad might have had them throw on a couple extra suprises... Well i going to be picking it up later today and i will post pics of it when i get it.

congrats. I got a watch and a 20" TV for graduation.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Hell, that was almost 30 years ago. I can't remember last year........

Actually, I got a tunnel ram with twin Holley's if I remember correctly
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

sorry it took so long, i had alot of fun last night and i have pictures to prove.

Comment

here she is nice and clean

Comment

Love the MUD!!!
            Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Damn! You got hooked up! Looks sweet BTW.

Comment

thanks but theres one flaw i guess they dropped the transfer case and now i cant put it into 2nd gear without it grinding most of the time and popping out. and my 4th and reverse is hard to put into aswell it is really making me angry. u guys know of ne thing that i could be ?

Comment

Sounds like you need to trim some material around the shifter should be fairly easy to do by removing the shifter boot. I know on some body lifts they recommend removing the intermediate membrane seal that's below the boot. On mine I used a hammer to clearance around the front of the opening in the tub. Long term you may want to look into a Slip yoke eliminator and CV driveshaft, it'll bring the t/case and tranny back up to stock (or higher with a hi-clearance skid plate) and you'll regain the ground clearance you lost when they dropped it down!
                  Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

well i dont have a body lift its a 4 inch fabtech lift.

Comment

But with the transfer case drop, the entire engine/transmission/transfer case assy pivots down on the motor mounts....which moves the shift lever for the transmission down and towards the rear of the jeep. What happens is that your shift lever can hit the edge of the hole it sticks through....causing it to pop out of gear (never fully engages). Much the same way as installing a body lift will cause the shift lever to sit lower in the hole, and causes a interferance........the problems are very similar, which is what Comrade Andy is suggesting....The solution is also very similar....(remove the offending piece of the console),

....or, better yet, raise the transfercase back to the height it was designed to be at, and install a CV driveshaft to keep the U-joints at a acceptable angle.
                      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

how much does a CV driveshaft cost ?

Comment

Couple hundred $$$. But don't forget that you will need to rotate your pinion up to keep the u-joint angles appropriate for a CV shaft. This will require adjustable upper control arms for the rear axle (not sure if the fabtech kit comes with them or not).
                          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

very nice, looks a lot like mine, i dont have the winch though. word of advice if youre doing a bunch rock crawling, creek running ect. you will probably lose the two kc's on the bumper. i have the same setup and lost one of the lights today on the trail, pics should be up soon in my link below. im trying to figure out where to relocate, i may just scrap them. congrats and have fun.

oh another tip about the snorkel, keep a screw driver with you, when i go out i turn the top inlet towards the windshield so i dont have mud flying up into it, i've cleaned it out once already and it collects a bunch of crap. its a pain to clean out to. anyway, my two cents, later
                            Neil

FOR SALE: 01 TJ Sport
                            5 spd, 4in skyjacker, 33mt/rs, detroit rear, lock-rite front, 4.56's, safari snorkel, yada yada yada, im broke

Comment

Sweet Jeep! Congrats on graduating and good luck with your Jeep!
                              It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                              and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Working...
                              X