Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they are actually ANTI-sway bars. they keep you in better control on the road. off road, however, they hinder your jeeps wheel travel. on a tj they are MUST on the road. that is why we suggest "disconnects" so you can easily disconnect, and re connect them. it willl increase wheel travel by about 6-8"
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

To expand for you an what Nailer said, the anti-sway bar is connected to each side of the axle and goes through bushings on each frame rail. They keep the vehicle from experiencing excessive body roll during emergency maneuvers. Basically, they keep the body from rolling, so that you don't end up on your side if you have to jerk the steering wheel to get out of someones way. By disconnecting them, you allow each side of the axle to move toward and away from the frame with only the suspension limitations (length of shock and bumpstops).

Hope this helps.

Erik

Comment

Ok, got it.... I'll make sure that I save some money for that... good FYI you guys.
        '03 Jeep Wrangler Sports- stock to the bone!!!

Comment

hehehehe...I wheeled the first few times connected...lol.

The only reason I laugh, is that it was when I met Erik (nailer) He was sitting on my hood, keeping me from rolling. If I was disconnected, he wouldnt have had to do it. The front drivers side tire was about 3 feet in the air FUN

Its really easy to do this, dont hesitate to go to Home Depot and do it! If you need help, let me know, and Ill help you...Im about an hour north of you

Here's the write up I did on it on ANOTHER forum :

Home Made disconnects for a TJ

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
            hehehehe...I wheeled the first few times connected...lol.

The only reason I laugh, is that it was when I met Erik (nailer) He was sitting on my hood, keeping me from rolling. If I was disconnected, he wouldnt have had to do it. The front drivers side tire was about 3 feet in the air FUN

Its really easy to do this, dont hesitate to go to Home Depot and do it! If you need help, let me know, and Ill help you...Im about an hour north of you

Here's the write up I did on it on ANOTHER forum :

Home Made disconnects for a TJ

Tam
            So is putting that thing as simple as it looks.... anyways.... If ever I needed help I probably just send you a line.... thanks Tam.

John
            '03 Jeep Wrangler Sports- stock to the bone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Max
              So is putting that thing as simple as it looks.... anyways.... If ever I needed help I probably just send you a line.... thanks Tam.

John
              YUP!

Comment

to further elaborate the need for protection, i ran rock garden 2 weekends ago in a stock YJ, made it through with no hang-ups or stucks. Here is a list of the items i hurt. Bashed front shackles(nearly bent a main spring), dented oil pan, scratched exhasut pipe, scraped under side of Tcase skid, and dented the lip of skid on the frame rail, scratched rear front spring hanger and spring, dented gas skid, and scratched the front rim. So i didnt break, and made it, surely a stock TJ can do better.
                Screw you guys, I'm goin' to pismo.

Comment

Originally posted by YJWOLF
                  to further elaborate the need for protection, i ran rock garden 2 weekends ago in a stock YJ, made it through with no hang-ups or stucks. Here is a list of the items i hurt. Bashed front shackles(nearly bent a main spring), dented oil pan, scratched exhasut pipe, scraped under side of Tcase skid, and dented the lip of skid on the frame rail, scratched rear front spring hanger and spring, dented gas skid, and scratched the front rim. So i didnt break, and made it, surely a stock TJ can do better.
                  sounds like you didnt have a spotter wolf only 2 of those things count. the oil pan and the almost spring. join us out there when we go... we'll see you through ... cant promise no damage, but you will have a spotter when you need one, and a strap if it is needed.
                  but you did do it with no rocker protection? if that is the case... you did well, or got lucky that is a tough rock garden for a stock jeep to do.. are you referring to 3n-93? where there is the water crossing then a rock garden, and then another rock garden at the end?
                  if so... that was one of my favorite trails as a stocker. it will really challenge you
                  see you on the trail
                  Last edited by NAILER341; 07-29-03, 08:46 AM.
                  ERIK

Comment

I ran John Bull stock...Just with rocker guards. I bought them just for that run, because I KNEW that if I didnt, Id be sorry. They were my first mod. And if I were to do it again, Id do it the same way...
                    1) Rock gaurds and disconnects
                    2) lift
                    3) tires and wheels
                    4) skids skids skids(Gas tank. oil pan, control arm. steeringbox)

Tam

Comment

Hey Nailer, yeah thats the one. I did have a spotter, but c'mon in a stock YJ you're gonna get hit either way. The group i want with was all Modded Scouts. No i had no rocker protection and never hit them once. Its fun, and most challenging in a stocker, but my jeeps been wheeled stock long enough, i need to lift it already, im getting sick of coming down on my skid.
                      Screw you guys, I'm goin' to pismo.

Comment

yea, that is a tough spot. i like it up there in big bear. i want to run the "pontiac sluice". be sure to join us next time we go wheeling. i still recommend discos, and rocker protection
                        ERIK

Comment

I dunno Tam.....my list is a little more like:

1) skids
                          2) more skids
                          3) more skids
                          4) self-clearanced belly skid
                          5) more skids
                          6) ......

I swear I'll get to that lift some day.....
                          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

When is the next run? I wanna wheel with you guys.
                            97' Tacoma, with a few things done

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
                              When is the next run? I wanna wheel with you guys.
                              We'll get something going real soon . . . I think everyone is still in Rubicon fixing mode. I think . . . I know I'm in "New Jeep Fixing Mode" I think Tammy (JeepGal) wanted to do a Pismo Beach trip, which sounds like fun!
                              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Pontiac Sluice!!!

Hhhrrmnnn...Id really like to run that too

Big Bear is fun in the summmer...

so which and when guys?

Tam