Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeppers(tm jeepchik)...Chrome dont get you home...
    Last edited by JeepGal; 07-27-03, 07:40 PM.
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
      yeppers...Chrome dont get you home...
      hey you better TM that yeppers

Comment

yeppers(tm jeepchik)...Chrome dont get you home...
        BUSTED...and fixed...

Thanks for keeping me honest JC...how in the world did I forget these things..

T.

Comment

Much better Bet ya thought I wouldn't catch that

Comment

okay... fine take it off.... but easy with the drilll:p.... so who'll be interested to my first kiss with the dirt, anybody???:confused:... i'll be arriving in exactly 59 days.... and boy, time do really fly when you're having fun.... does any body here live close to miramar???.... as a newbie and being iletirate (did i spell that right???:confused.... please pardon me if i get lost with subject...
            '03 Jeep Wrangler Sports- stock to the bone!!!

Comment

59 days huh???

Dont make me think! What day is that?

Im sure we can come up with something

Tam

Comment

the san diego jeep club is down there ... carrizojim is from there! jim, pay attention!
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

59 days huh???

Dont make me think! What day is that?

Im sure we can come up with something

Tam
                  That will be the 24th of September... That's also the day that I become one with my Jeep. How's the ride on big bear, is it pretty difficult??

John

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                    the san diego jeep club is down there ... carrizojim is from there! jim, pay attention!
                    Thanks Sarah

Comment

the big bear ride is great! it is pretty difficult for a stock height jeep with no mods, but we can get you through
                      first suggested mods: rocker guards, and sway bar disconects.
                      that is besides, of course the "safety equipment"
                      hope to see you on the trail!
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                        the big bear ride is great! it is pretty difficult for a stock height jeep with no mods, but we can get you through
                        first suggested mods: rocker guards, and sway bar disconects.
                        that is besides, of course the "safety equipment"
                        hope to see you on the trail!
                        Thanks, I'll put that in mind ... do you have any suggestion where I can start with an easier trail???

John

Comment

well. there are lots of them. most of the trails we run, including big bear... a stock jeep can do. but of course, that really depends on driver ability, and lack of fear. either way, unless you just want to drive on dirt roads, which isnt too fun, i'd STRONGLY suggest rocker pannels. you can make them yourself, or get some for around $200 bucks. the sway bar disconnects can be bought fpor about $65 bucks, or you can make them for about $5.00. another tj owner would be glad to explain to you how to make a set. there is really nothing to it.
                          trails.... hmmm??
                          miller jeep trail, doran canyon, big bear/arrowhead, there are lots of them, and for most of these trails there are by-passes for the more difficult sections. but... again, ROCKER PANNELS
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

nailer is right.

sway bar discos: get some shakle pins to replace the bolts that connect the sway bar link to the axle from home depot. they're cheap, kind of a pain at times, but they work for beginners.

rocker guards: talk to jim at JC Fab And Design ... he's our fab guru! or pm him jim79cj7

also, if you're going to be "roughing it" make sure you get road hazard on your tires. see the Product/Vendor review section of this site and you'll see that we recommend America's Tire.

you're on your way!
                            sarah
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                              nailer is right.

sway bar discos: get some shakle pins to replace the bolts that connect the sway bar link to the axle from home depot. they're cheap, kind of a pain at times, but they work for beginners.

rocker guards: talk to jim at JC Fab And Design ... he's our fab guru! or pm him jim79cj7

also, if you're going to be "roughing it" make sure you get road hazard on your tires. see the Product/Vendor review section of this site and you'll see that we recommend America's Tire.

you're on your way!
                              sarah
                              Say Boooo to sway bars. I dont run sway bars, or trak bars. Its just added weight...
                              97' Tacoma, with a few things done

Comment

Thanks for the pointers guys.... I'll definitely get a rocker guard that's one of the upgrades I wanted to do anyway, but as far as the sway bars what does it really do for you.... and who's scared??? I know I don't have much experience but I'm willing to learn as much as I can... that's what you guys are for right???

Comment

Working...
                                X