Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
    Your profile says you're running a flipped D44 HP in the rear. That sounds interesting. Can you tell us about that--the why, how, etc.?
    I found an add for a guy selling axles out of an 86 CJ, rear was a 44 front was a 30. Both axles had 4.56 gears and Air lockers. For the price I jumped on the deal before I really knew what I was getting. I thought I had scored an 86 Cj7 D44 from the last 1/2 year of production but no.

In any case I barely paid more than what a single ARB retails for today for the pair of axles so I came out ok. In the process I got wide track, ARB's, 4.56, one piece rear axle shafts and Disc's up front. Not exactly as strong as I would have liked for a rear axle but so far it's held up. My plan is to just run it until it dies and find a 60/14 or build a 609(if I win the lottery).

I really wish I knew what prompted someone to spend the coin on this thing. The custom shafts are quite well made, even machined the inner seal surfaces so keep the oil in diff rather than oil bath the tube and outer bearings (I'm not sure why you would want to do that but you can if you want).

Comment

Originally posted by Mtndew1 View Post
      I really wish I knew what prompted someone to spend the coin on this thing.
      Yeah it seems kinda odd, but sometimes people like to thumb their noses at convention and some just enjoy making something work for their purpose. Probably not as nutty as training tigers to jump through hoops or elephants to dance, but I think it might be related .
      holes = cowbell

Comment

Welcome to MJR! Great looking CJ!
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Sweet jeep! We love CJ's here