Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

always wanted an old CJ, finally getting one! CJ2a in a few weeks :)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I like 'em!
    holes = cowbell

Comment

next time I'm out offroading in this thing (soon I hope!) I'll bring one of my large format film cameras, and get a nice vintage shot, I've got an old press camera from the 40's, and some B&W film. I shot a few vintage car races with that combo, and it turned out great :-)
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Must be hard to find film for that thing?
        holes = cowbell

Comment

Nah, it just takes standard 4x5" sheet film, it's still made by quite a few companies. There's enough enthusiasts out there to keep it going. The big companies like Kodak will probably drop film all together soon, but there's others out there that I think will keep on producing the film for a good while longer. I've already switched from Kodak to Arista and Adox. Cheaper, and more options still left.

I do miss using Tri-x 320 from Kodak (a very classic film), but it's at least two or 3 times the price. A pack of 50 sheets of Tri-x 320 4x5" is just shy of $90. Almost $2.00 per sheet. A pack of 50 sheets of Arista 400 4x5" is just over $30, more like $0.60 a shot. For someone who shoots as a hobby, the price alone is worth the switch, even if the Tri-X has a bit more desirable look, and is a more forgiving film.

I think that's why Kodak will probably stop producing film, they can't (or won't?) make it available as cheaply as some of the European companies. And the European companies offer more variety as well. Eventually, the cost and limited options from Kodak forces people to switch, and it's just going to spiral down from there. Oh well, bound to happen.

Here's a few from one of the vintage races with the old press camera and Adox 100 I think.

Last edited by daniel_buck; 10-08-12, 10:51 AM.
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

That jeep is SO bad ass, I thought it was fake at 1st. As in, a toy car.. So perfect..... When I opened the thread I was expecting a beater but WOW you did good! Keep it super stock!!!
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

glad you like it, I love driving it :-D

I won't be turning it into a crawler for sure, no tires sticking way out, or hood scoop, or anything like that. I will put a little bit of lift on it (to get a softer ride mainly, but also to keep from rubbing to much offroad). I'm hoping to keep it to 1" lift, maybe 2" if I have to.

There will be a 6 point roll cage & cloth bikini top and more comfortable seats going in. It's my daily driver, so I want it to be a bit safer. If I get t-boned in this thing right now and roll over, I'm hamburger.

The tires and wheels are set, as is the engine & drivetrain. It'll just be the cage, seats, and hopfully some softer springs.
              Last edited by daniel_buck; 10-09-12, 05:07 PM.

Comment

little kids love the willys! :-D

Comment

Stickers in honor of those who served the country! On front and rear of both my jeeps

Conveniently infront of the MJR sticker on my TJ

Comment

Working...
                  X