Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
    With lockers Skylar, you will be very happy! I've been fortunate enough to have been with lockers and a 4:1 transfer case the entire time (Rubicon) so I have had it easy for most of the time. I've slowly gotten more height under my frame and axles, but the lockers have always been there when I needed them. You will not be dissapointed by them, especially considering how well you are doing without them. You'll be able to take alot more "creative" lines once you have them :-D

I don't really know which locker is most useful, but me, I always tend to flip on the front locker first (and mostly, ONLY the front), and I get by with rarely ever turning on the rear. The front seems to help quite a bit to get you started climbing a ledge or a large rock infront of you. And by that time, your weight is on the rear, so both tires in the rear seem to get plenty of traction without a locker.

So I would be inclined to say get the front first. But maybe others can chime in and give more wise words. :-)
    Truthfully, I won't get either until I can get both... It's not worth doing before or without a re-gear, and with the cost of labor for a re-gear, it's most cost efficient to just do all diff work at the same time. I figure I'll save up a bit and learn my Jeep for a while, but my endgame (for now) is 4.56 gears with a Detroit in the rear and Eaton up front.

Comment

Man, I also like that almost everyone on here is in California! This is great!

Comment

Welcome aboard Skylar. Apparently I missed a good run… I think there is a group going out to Cleghorn this Saturday.
        [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Yeah, it was great. I think I'm going to skip Cleghorn on Saturday though. The Jeep needs some maintenance this weekend. And I might hunt for a new tie rod per Lorie's advice. But the following weekend, I'm down for camping out somewhere.

Comment

Ha Jeeps and maintenance seem to go hand in hand plus it may rain and I am getting a little bald on the weekender so Cleg may have to wait. I ordered my fenders today so UPS permitting I hope to have them mid-week and installed by next weekend. Camping trips are out for me temporarily but day trips are usually a go.
            [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Lockers are great. But think about it, all newer Jeeps come with the "Trail Ready" emblem on them for a reason
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Emblem should read "Fire Road Ready"

Comment

Welcome Aboard!
                  "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by SkylarM View Post
                    Emblem should read "Fire Road Ready"
                    LOL Exactly!
                    Jeep Girl

Comment

hah, but what we call a "trail", some would just call a pile of rocks We build ours to be "Pile of rocks Ready"
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Speaking of which, when are you venturing back out onto the rocks Senor Buck?

Comment

Originally posted by SkylarM View Post
                          And I might hunt for a new tie rod per Lorie's advice.
                          Check out this thread, for an inexpensive, and effective, steering upgrade.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ade?highlight=
                          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Welcome! I'm diggin' your four-legged spotter
                            God forgives, rocks don't
                            -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                            X