Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to MJR!

What's up dudes! I've been over on JeepForum for a few months, and just this past weekend met up with a couple of rad MJR folks in Calico who recommended I sign up on here too, so here I am. I'm pretty new to the sport, but I'm down to wheel and/or camp almost any weekend if I'm not working.

[IMG]
    [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/73339389@N06/6717954731/][/IMG]

Welcome Skylar!! This is a great site... everyone is very cool! Look forward to wheeling with you soon!

Brett

Comment

Welcome!
      www.RuggedJeep.com
      http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheHammers

Comment

Hey Skyler--nice to see you here in MJR you will not regret it. You may be new to wheeling too but you did good in Calico this last weekend. I enjoyed wheeling with you and meeting you and your buddy from Riverside, hope to see you in our next trail run. If you could post the video of the Sunday wheeling we did, we would love to see what you captured that day.

You'll see that the people here are super friendly and there are runs going on all the time here in the best forum I've experienced.

Comment

Welcome to MJR. No finer Jeepers anywhere!
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Welcome to MJR. look fwd to hit'n the trail with ya.
            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Nice meeting you guys! We had a blast! Many more good times ahead Lorie
              Jeep Girl

Comment

You might be new to the sport, but you have a good eye for picking the right lines. Without lockers your crawling right up stuff most newbies would have to be pulled over . Welcome to MJR buddy.

Comment

Welcome aboard~ your jeep rocks
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to the MJR forum
                    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Welcome to MJR! You'll love it here. Lots of great folks always willing to lend a hand.
                      "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I hope to meet you all in person on the trail. Perhaps next weekend the 28th at CB?

Bernie, I will try to upload the videos at work sometime this week so I can get paid while doing so.
                        And don't worry Gary, lockers are in my near future... just not too near.

Comment

With lockers Skylar, you will be very happy! I've been fortunate enough to have been with lockers and a 4:1 transfer case the entire time (Rubicon) so I have had it easy for most of the time. I've slowly gotten more height under my frame and axles, but the lockers have always been there when I needed them. You will not be dissapointed by them, especially considering how well you are doing without them. You'll be able to take alot more "creative" lines once you have them :-D

I don't really know which locker is most useful, but me, I always tend to flip on the front locker first (and mostly, ONLY the front), and I get by with rarely ever turning on the rear. The front seems to help quite a bit to get you started climbing a ledge or a large rock infront of you. And by that time, your weight is on the rear, so both tires in the rear seem to get plenty of traction without a locker.

So I would be inclined to say get the front first. But maybe others can chime in and give more wise words. :-)
                          Last edited by daniel_buck; 01-19-12, 12:01 AM.
                          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to meeting you on the trails.
                            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Working...
                              X