Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Scrambler rises from the ashes! ...or at least I got another one. :-)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooo Christian,
    When are we going wheeling??
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      Sooo Christian,
      When are we going wheeling??
      Roger,

Right now I'll have to answer, "Soon!"

I'm jumping through a few of life's little challenges at the moment and am also fixing a couple of minor electrical issues on the Jeep with the wipers and the backup lights.

I did take it on an inaugural run up to Big Bear for some camping on a weekend that it was raining a lot. I had a blast, but it would have been nice to have the windshield wipers already working!

On that run, I accidentally wound up going down Dishpan, which was my first time running that. I didn't plan on running something that advanced on the first day out with the new Limo, but I managed to get through it without any major carnage. I only lost a little paint the size of a 50-cent piece on the rear corner. I got a little stuck on one part of the waterfall, but managed to get unstuck on my own, which was a good thing since I was on my own. My plan is to get the sliders and some corner protection on the Jeep before I do it again.

The new Scrambler is much more capable than the old one. It's amazing how much of a difference 33s with a mild lift make compared to 29s on old sagging stock springs!

So, getting back to your question...

I'm hoping to be ready to go out again mid to late September.

Christian
      "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Love that Scrambler,great job.
        Tony
        1A Auto
        CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
        1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

Working...
        X