X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are we all new?

me and my junk.
    my wife and her junk.
    actually I just sold my junk, so now her junk is my junk.. though weve been married 11 years, so it was kinda "our junk" anyway.
    I'm in Temecula.
    got statined here last year after being stationed in the Carolinas for 11 years, so I have wheeled most trails in the country.
    I'm looking to get our jeep club back together out here once we all get back from iraq.

there. thats me.
    www.geocities.com/elusivejeep
    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Hey another official Jeep couple!! AWESOME Jeeps! What club are you in?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hey Nice Rigs!!!! Welcome to MJR! Where abouts in Temecula are you located. I tend to hang around there at times.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Hi Elusive
        *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
        Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
        Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

Welcome to the site. Hope you return home safely.

Comment

clubs

well.. I have been wheeling with a lot of the cali clubs since I got here last year and I have yet to find one thats not
            1. too political
            2. too..um.."my jeeps better than your jeep"
            3. too competetive

But thats OK.. I have a few friends here that like to go wheeling and I usually prefer a small group to a big one.

I have a house in Chardonnay hils.. right next to wine country in Temecula.

I'll wheel just about any weekend folks want to go.

Little quick story about the jeepwife....

1989 I was showing off the my girlfriend in my 79 cj-7(my 3rd jeep). I was driving down snowmobile trails in central Wisconsin at 2 AM...no other rigs out there.. I turned off the trail and I was driving through the powdery snow... till I hit the bottom of a ravine.. and the jeep fell almost a foot and the white snow got mud thrown on it. I hit a natural spring and the jeep was in 2 feet of snow and a foot of mud. In 1989 my 32" tires were pretty big...but not that big.
            My girlfriend at the time ( wife now) and I decided to try to walk out.. a LONG way in the bitter cold.. we trudged through the 2 feet of snow till we got back to the snowmobile trail and we realized we were gunna be pretty frostbitten if we walked out... just then few snowmobilers were out bar hopping and picked us up. next AM we got the jeep out no problem and I knew I was in love...lol
            It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

aww cute story!! sounded like a keeper from the start.
              i think you'll like our little socal "club." see ya on the trail!

Comment

you've got/had a couple nice rigs there. i'm just over the santiago mountains there in orange county. let me know if you're lookin for a group or place to go wheel soon, i'm usually out most weekends.

i'd suggest my club but now they're talking about reinstating waivers and stuff and aw man...i just wanna go wheel.
                If it works, it's time to try something new

Comment

welcome to the board.. i think you have found the least political group on the net to wheel with. hope to see you on the trail some time .
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                    welcome to the board.. i think you have found the least political group on the net to wheel with. hope to see you on the trail some time .
                    I'll drink to that!

Comment

Welcome to the site Elusive. Glad to hear you were able to sell your Jeep, thought at the same time i know if must have been hard to give up such a sweet rig.

Not sure if you've ran LCIR or not, but it's one of the closer trails from your new location in Temecula. I have a few jeep buddies in Murietta and we usually all go to LCIR on single day trips (mostly on weekends).

As a matter of fact they are going this Saturday (tomorrow) though i can't make it as my kids are finishing up soccer and t-ball season.
                      There's a bit of a maiden voyage happening. My buddy Doug just got himself a new Jeep Unlimited this week and he's taking it out to see what it will do. We just got done installing a winch on it a few hours ago.

Anyhow, i'll be posting some future runs to LCIR in the Trails Forum shortly as my weekends will now be free to wheel since the boys are done with youth sports for awhile. I'll be sure to try and give at least a week notice before any planned trips.

Hope to see you (and the mrs.) on the trails. Myself, and a few of my other buddies usually wheel with our wives, and/or kids.
                      Last edited by PondScum; 05-07-04, 10:52 PM.
                      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
                      AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
                      15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
                      33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
                      FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
                      Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
                      RE Hand Throttle
                      Optima Red Top
                      K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Re: clubs

Originally posted by Elusive

1989 I was showing off the my girlfriend in my 79 cj-7(my 3rd jeep). I was driving down snowmobile trails in central Wisconsin at 2 AM...
                        Wisconsin huh? I grew up in Green Bay. Welcome.
                        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Actually, Chris (Elusive) is a friend of mine. We've been to LCIR several times. Usually, I go and watch as Chris makes the hardest stuff look easy. He once took the most amazing jump on El Hill. I thought for sure he was going over sideways, but it stuck. Now that he's in "HER TJ" (that's the plate on her Jeep), I feel like I can keep up (That never stopped me from going, though).

I once rolled on El Hill, and so I will probably never do it again. I'll watch as others try it, though. LOL
                          '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

wow pete

WELCOME Elusive!

Chris (Dukes69) is my boyfriend...you can see us tooling around Temecula most weekends in his beat up blue 98 TJ or my Purty newer Red 02TJ. We are looking forward to taking both to Moab in two weeks, and again to the Rubicon at the end of July.

Have you been able to answer the age old question of how to tow two Jeeps?

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Have you been able to answer the age old question of how to tow two Jeeps?
                              rent a big trailer and hook it to your stratus
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                              X