Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is good to know. I used to have an '86 CJ with a 3" lift and 33's. Participated in the "wave" all the time. Then, I flipped it, and bought a car to get me through College. As soon as I got out, I sold it, and am now driving my '01 XJ. I have noticed that I get no waves, and feel uncomfortable waving to any other jeep. However, I have been slowly adding to the XJ. It now has procomp rims, 31" x 1250's Xterrarins, 4" fabtech lift, and a Centerforce II clutch. I just got the tires this weekend, and I think that this is the time that I should start getting more waves back. So, since my XJ is finally "built" a bit, you Cj's Tj's and Yj's better start waving back, or I am busting that U-turn. Anyway, Glad to know that XJ's are not exempt.

Comment

I wave to other Jeeps!! In fact, I get double takes when I wave to other Jeeps, especially if guys are driving. But, I've never see Sarah driving her's to give her a Jeep wave!!
      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

I a;ways wave at other Jeeps, Like was mentioned earlier, I also ride bikes so it is natural. Anyway the return rate varies, in summer it is higher as your arm is usually out of the vehicle and in winter it is inside.
        I also notice that modified jeeps wave back more than stock jeeps.
        I kinda think thats from learning the wave on the trails, while a lot of stock jeeps have never even heard of the jeep wave.
        Oh well, wave back or not, it does not stop me from waving, after all I am a jeep nut.
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

I wave to all cj's, yj's and tj's.
          I was told about the jeep wave when we bought our first jeep in 94. So, we wave all the time.

Navy-Jeepster
          With a Wave to all Jeepers
          Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
          Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Working...
          X