Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need input...

hey i found this site and decided to as all the jeep-smart people if this would be a good buy. i have been 4 wheeling for about a year and a half or so with firend and their rigs (im lame and dont have one of my own yet) and have been looking heavily at jeeps. so i was posting this to get some input from other people
    i found this 1990 wrangler SE for $8500 it has minor body damage from wheeling which is fine with me because then i wont cry at every scratch. so here is the rap sheet:
    and here are the specs
    Engine: stroked 4.7L professionaly built, 4.0 block and head out of a 98' with 8K miles on it, mild head porting, performance cam, new radiator.
    Tranny: 95' AX-15 5 speed with 35k +/- miles, NP231 part time transfer case, R.E. Slip Yolk eliminator.
    Suspension: spring over conversion, 3.5" BDS springs, shackle reverse, 3/4 eliptical rear, anti-wrap bar, custom drive lines, Doetsch Tech shocks.
    Rollers: 37" Goodyear MTRs on five spokes.
    Front End: high-pinion dana 44 narrowed to 64" wide, 4.10:1 open gearing, flat top knuckles, cross over steering, 3/4 ton tie rod ends, Warn premium hubs.
    Rear End: narrowed dana 60, 35 spline Dutchman axles, spool, disc brakes.
    Other Mods: on-board air with tanks, custom bumpers (front is an air tank), custom tire carrier, 1/4" rocker guards, Warn 6000 lb. winch, dual orbital batteries, rock lights.
    here are some pics jeep pics... at the bottom
    let me know what you think.
    Last edited by KID; 03-03-04, 10:44 PM.
    those arent scratches and dents those are accent marks...

That sounds like a good deal with all the mods done to it. Though Ive heard that mods alone shouldnt dictate the price of the Jeep. Im sure one of the guys will pipe up here in a few to let you know what they think.

Good Luck with your decision...and WELCOME to MJR, Glad you found us!

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Welcome KID! There are some other Sacto users here, look them up and they might be able to help too. Best of luck in finding the perfect Jeep!!
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to MJR!

For $8500, it seems like a pretty good deal. Its got all the right stuff, but could use a few little things. ARB's front and rear would probably be nice. Good Luck!
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Where this Jeep at sounds like a good deal.
          75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

Comment

Working...
          X