Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new guy's Jeep rocks!

Hello everyone,
    I am new to the Jeep world and like it so far.
    My Jeep is a 93YJ that was completely stock a couple of weeks ago, I do not even think it had been off road. Since then, I have done a SOA, a few more suspension mods that are still in the works. Upgraded the tires to 35x12.5x15, I was able clear these with no problem after swapping out the axles for some that were set up for SOA. This gave me about a foot of lift between the suspension and tire sixe difference. A foot doesnt sound like much but made a huge difference. The axles that came with my Jeep were geared at 3.07 and the new ones are 3.73 making it bit better with the larger tires. I would like to have 4.10's but maybe later. At this point, I am gettig some axle wrap and was wondering if anyone could help on this. I have read many articles and still not sure wich way to go. Well, glad to be here.

Welcome! Grab a chair stay awhile.
    Last edited by Jeep4cern; 10-11-09, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Mike,

Welcome to MJR! You'll find lots of help here. I run 4.10's with my 33's and wish the ratio was lower both on and off the trail. With your 35's, you'll find that 3.73's will be way to tall (lacking power). Go out and run it for a while and you will know what to do next. SOA... never messed with that. Have fun

Mitch

Comment

Welcome to MJR Mike. There's lots of guys who can give you good advice on this forum. I think you are going to like it here!
        Can you post up some before & after photos?
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Mike, you never stated if you have a 4cyl or 6cyl? I have the 6cyl and 4:10/33" tires. My jeep seems to have power. But, I did just do the top end. Exhaust, and cold air intake. I think it runs more stock or a pinch better. 35" will be close with 3:73. 4lo will be your friend

Comment

Welcome to MJR Mike.Lots a good folks and info here for ya.:beer:
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Hey Mike, welcome to MJR! You will love it here!

Scott
              "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Hello from another Mike in the IE. Welcome to MJR!
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

You will enjoy this site. Always a lot to learn.

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Mike,
                    Welcome to the board! Great people and great trail runs.
                    You didn't mention in your first post what axles you had gone to. Just that they are set up for SOA. If you're still running the D35 in the rear, I'd recommend not getting too crazy with it off-road just yet. 35's are a whole lot of tire for a D35 even with upgraded shafts and lockers.
                    As for the axle wrap, I'd look into getting a traction bar and soon. I'm still sprung under, so I don't really deal with that problem, but I have bent a few springs in my day, and the companies that sell them don't like me very much when I send them back for warranty.
                    I guess I'll be the first jerk of the group.... PICTURES man! We need pictures.[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

welcome aboard...
                      [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                      PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Working...
                      X