Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milpolicexj View Post
    ALLRITE!!! Another Cherokee!!
    Ain't it great, another XJ to add to the bunch. We are definitely out numbered here in MJR land, but we do make a stand and some noise. I say "all hale for the wagons" woohoo!!
    Anyways, back to reality, welcome to MJR. You are going to like it here. Lots of good folks here with great advice, even if they do have flat fenders.:hide:
    Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

Firstly- Welcome to the board!

Secondly, everyone before me stole my recommendation of what to do first, which is drive it stock. Learning what you can do with a stock Jeep will make you a much better driver.

Here are a few things that will help you along:

Get a tow strap.

Figure out how to disconnect and air down. (or should I say, figure out a way to air back up!) Airing down your tires will truly increase your vehicles ability in the traction department. Disconnecting your sway bars will help with your articulation. Both can be done to a stock vehicle. Im not sure of the details on a ZJ or XJ.

Get a fire extinguisher and a CB, so that you can keep in touch with your wheeling buddies...which brings me to the next step-

NEVER WHEEL ALONE. EVER (did I say NEVER? I meant- NEVER)

Enjoy your Jeep!

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by kirkandsylvia View Post
        Ain't it great, another XJ to add to the bunch. We are definitely out numbered here in MJR land, but we do make a stand and some noise. I say "all hale for the wagons" woohoo!!
        Anyways, back to reality, welcome to MJR. You are going to like it here. Lots of good folks here with great advice, even if they do have flat fenders.:hide:
        WAY, WAY, WAY outnumbered! But I do chuckle when we go on a trip and they are overloaded with 2 people and gear and I got 3 people and ROOM FOR DAYS! or when we do the nite runs in the late fall...they are soooo cooolllldd...I just mearly roll up the windows and turn on the heat! I love my XJ and would'nt trade it!
        "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]x2 billion on Tammy's recommendation for a fire extinguisher and CB.

[/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

That's why you gotta watch them oil leaks at the rear main seal

Comment

Originally posted by milpolicexj View Post
              That's why you gotta watch them oil leaks at the rear main seal
              [COLOR="Sienna"]This guy hit a tree, and HARD. Honestly nothing five of us could do with fire extinguishers at this point except keep the forest from catching fire.

Those XJ's sure send up a lot of smoke.

Just had to post up for my SWB peeps.[/COLOR]
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I hate it when them darn trees jump up outta no where!

Comment

right on more xj's every day, welcome to a great site, be careful once you start modifying your jeep its gets addicting, mine looked like yours when i got it....

Comment

Originally posted by grolla42 View Post
                    what do i do with my jeep after i get it in perfect running shape. Do i keep the inline 4liter 6cyl engine and modify it or what. And what type of body work such as bumpers, lift and suspension. thanks for the advice so far and i will get pix in the next day or two
                    Get your 4.0 in good shape first, basically a tuneup, and chase down any oil leaks. the 4.0 is a torquey little bastidge, and thats exactly what you want.

If you are just jonesin to put something on your jeep, i would reccomend a set of rock sliders. that way you can still open your doors after a hard day wheelin. If you have more XJ tech questions, cruise on over to www.NAXJA.org If you can think of it, then its probably been covered a few times there.

Welcome to MJR! and if you have any questions feel free to ask! the peeps on this site are some of the most friendly i have ever encountered.

[]IIIIIIII[] Go XJ!
                    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Kevin,

I missed the thread about you winning the lotto! I'm glad that you finally did something with that old P.O.S. that you used to run! LMAO!!!!!!! Dude that's looking Bad Ass for sure. Maybe someone can make a new trail for you that will be a challenge. I'm thinking "Hairy Crack #10". Now I know why I haven't seen you for awhile.

Mitch

Comment

Welcome aboard - stock jeeps rock too
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Tomorrow i will have pics up of my jeep and i will certainly go out 4 wheeling as soon as i tune up my engine this weekend

Comment

Working...
                          X