Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum

Greetings all, as directed by the admin, i'm here to introduce myself....

I just got into jeepin last month. Bought a 2004 TJ with the following installed:

4" lift, ARB lockers all around, tranny/transfer case skid plate, header and K&N air filter, Throttle body upgrade, Rock Hard rear bumper and swing gate, half doors, sway bar quick disconnects.

The wheels are stock 15" with 33x10.5 BFG's.

Been out a few times now and started a list of items that are needed. Just need to get one thing at a time as the budget allows. This week I am getting Body Armor rock sliders, and Terra Flex oil pan skid plate. Next will be 16 or 17" wheels with a shorter set back. The stock wrangler 15” wheels with a 5" set back and 10.5" tire suck. They rub on the sway bar and control arms and make for a very narrow footprint.

Skid plates for the front and rear diff’s, power steering box etc. will follow as well. I have a lot of set up questions that I will be posting in the near future.

Until then…keep it right side up..

Later

Welcome aboard . . . let's see some pics of your Jeep! BTW...Where is Valley Center?

I had the Body Armor Sliders before upgrading to my Rokmen Sliders a couple months back . . . the BA sliders do offer good protection, but they hang a bit low and you end up whacking them on everything (no biggie I guess as that's what they are there for). They served a good purpose for me as I wasn't ready to drill into the tub when I got them, but I'm much happier with the new ones from Rokmen.
    Last edited by Schmo; 05-28-09, 02:18 PM.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Welcome to MJR. Looks like you have a rocken Jeep already. There’s always room for one or two more improvements.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Just noticed you are a Southerner like me(oceanside). If you want to find some local wheeling let me know.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Thanks for the welcome....Valley Center is in north San Diego County near Mt Palomar.

Been off road motorcycling for many years and been all over california deserts and mountains, and have passengered many wheelin trips. That actually geve me the bug to get one...it's always a fun to blast my way through the jeep trails and stop to talk to the jeepers. being on a bike (Honda CRF 450X) I am able to go places jeeps cannot, and that still is a thrill to me. I do not plan on selling the bike any time soon, but if I did, I could get all kinds of goodies for the jeep...

I love truckhaven, and the entire so cal desert for that matter. I will post some photos of my ride hopefully tonight.

Comment

Welcome to MJR! I hope to meet you on the trails sometime soon.
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Steve, welcome to MJR, you'll will find many of your jeep'n needs here.

Your Jeep Rocks!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to MJR.

Is your 450X plated? I currently have a KX500 and a DRZ400 for the long hauls. Don't sell the bike.
                  Check out .

Comment

Nice rig to get started. Welcome
                    Living the Dream"!
                    , Joe

Comment

Welcome to MJR!!
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks for the welcome...

Valley Center is in north San Diego County...right below Mt Palomar. No the CRF is not plated, however I am considering registering it in AZ because CA. is so screwed up with regards to plating dirt bikes... I have a freind with a good address there. Recently sold a 98 XR440, and I do miss that bike which was plated.

I tried to post a couple of pics last night, but couldbn't...I guess to post pics I need a website to upload to first to get them to post here. Maybe I will check the wifes facebook page to see if I can do that this weekend...

See you on the trail...

Comment

Don’t do it on Facebook because they won’t work on here. To access the pictures everyone needs to log-in to Facebook. I would recommend Photobucket.com. It will take 2min to sign up and when you upload a picture it gives you the code to copy and paste into the reply box. I don’t know if they have a limit on pictures you can upload but I have a few hundred so far.
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Welcome to MJR.Lots of good info to be had here,as you can see,and lots a good folks ready to help.Hope to meet ya on the trails.
                            Dennis
                            Dennis and Tammy
                            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Welcome to MJR!

Comment

Working...
                              X