Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
    Kinda depends how you look at it, when you travel 2000 miles to escape snow do you really wanna see more?

Man you are a tough sell! :zip:

Comment

i actually dont mind the snow and the cold. love to take my polaris snowmobile out almost as much as my jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
        i actually dont mind the snow and the cold. love to take my polaris snowmobile out almost as much as my jeep.
        I just knew he wouldn't mind!! Heck, Moab in Winter is probably way warmer than up in the Great White North?! Anyhow, Its not much farther to come to Cali too, so if you drive as far as Moab, you might as well hit up both areas!

Comment

well in my city we get like minus 20 celsius almost daily come winter with it dropping as low as minus 45, or colder with the wind chill. how cold is moab???

Comment

well in my city we get like minus 20 celsius almost daily come winter with it dropping as low as minus 45, or colder with the wind chill. how cold is moab???
            What the heck!! Who would want to live where in is so cold??? Like my dad used to say about growing up in Iowa: "it used to get so cold it would freeze the nuts off a Jeep"
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

What the hell? Thats so cold! No thank you...
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to escape all that cold, Did -30 once while snowmobiling in Yellowstone. To darn cold for my liking, but boy was it ever beautiful

Comment

its not bad, just gotta dress for it. should hear my little 4banger tryin to start in minues 30 lol. not the nicest let me tell ya. i thinks that its what -22F??

Comment

Was minus 40 at night, hard wind blowing during the day, made snowmobiling quite cold. You should have heard the motor home starting, the poor thing clattered for several minutes before the oil got thin enough to do some lubing. After that minus 20 in Minesota, Michigan and on Long Island felt pretty good. Now a day in the snow in the local mountains is about as much winter as I care to deal with

Comment

the only bad part about the winters here in alberta is when the chinooks hit and it hits 20 degrees and you pull the top and doors off and the next day theres 2 feet of snow on your seat.
                      :devil: Giffer

Comment

i used to love chinooks. theres a pic of me and my dad sittin on our back deck on xmass day, in shorts with beers, and the following year the same pic is us in snowsuits with two feet of snow. hahahahaha

Comment

Canadian version of the Santa Ana winds minus the fires

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to escape all that cold, Did -30 once while snowmobiling in Yellowstone. To darn cold for my liking, but boy was it ever beautiful
                            I did that a few years ago too. The day I went, it was 2 F, and -30-ish with wind chill. I don't think it ever gets -30F as an actual temp does it? I should have taken a picture of the chart. They had a handy "if it's X degrees, and your snowmobile is going Y MPG, the temp with wind chill is ___" chart.
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

This was in 1986 if I remember correctly just before christmass -40 at night and around -30 during the day

Comment

This was in 1986 if I remember correctly just before christmass -40 at night and around -30 during the day
                                Wow, that's sooooo cold. I was there just after Christmas 2002.
                                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X