Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• california wheelin trip???

so i just google mapped directions from my house, all the way to california, the greater L.A area to be exact. its roughly 3302 k's in distance. im figrin out the gas mileage..lets see, i get 400k's to the tank on the highway doing roughly 110k/h it costs me 60 cnd to fill from bone dry. now gas is cheaper in the states, but taking into acount the low canadian dollar, i will just estimate that its 60 bucks canadian every time i fill. so it would take me around 9 tanks, or maybe 10 to be safe. so thats 600$ each way...1200$ plus an oil change here, and there, diff fluids and transfer case once in california... a night maybe two in a hotel, say 400$. gas to wheel once there? 400$?? ..maybe 3 grand in just fuel and fluids and lodgings..hmm think my buddies duramax and car hauler would be cheaper??? maybe i could wrangle up a few other canadian members and make it a convoy.

Well sounds like a fun trip maybe some of the mebers here can show you around and help with some of the lodging, I thought the Canadian dollar was higher than the US one

Comment

The Doors used to sing: "The west is the best, get here and we'll do the rest".
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Hell yeah man, you get down here and you got a place to crash and a couple beers in Riverside. Just let me know.

Maybe we can fab you something up before you leave too
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

i was gonna say, what all should i have on my jeep to make it with you guys. my jeep does just fine up here in the mud n snow, but i dont know about the rocks...

heres the stats:

31x10.5 procomp extreme mtrs
          2 inch susp lift.
          2.5L with cold air and throttle body. and performance muffler.
          shovel and tow strap. some tools and fluids.

the current builds:

front bumper with 4-6" lights and small stinger
          as well as front d-rings and shackles
          5" aux back up light
          cb radio sitting in garage. (no antenae or wiring)
          rear hitch with tow shackle reciever

The bad:
          no full size spare.
          no rockers
          no under armour other than stock.
          no spare parts

ideas on what needs to be done??? i have heart and am willing to attempt any repair or build.

Comment

well hurricane if your planning a trip ill have to put the comanche on hold and get the yj running tip top again. and 400 klicks to a tank of gas. that would be amazing.
            :devil: Giffer

Comment

that little 2.5L with the 4.10's and only 31's sips the fuel man. in the city im up over 550...when im not driving like an idiot, and givin er at like 4 grand every light

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
                i was gonna say, what all should i have on my jeep to make it with you guys. my jeep does just fine up here in the mud n snow, but i dont know about the rocks...

heres the stats:

31x10.5 procomp extreme mtrs
                2 inch susp lift.
                2.5L with cold air and throttle body. and performance muffler.
                shovel and tow strap. some tools and fluids.

the current builds:

front bumper with 4-6" lights and small stinger
                as well as front d-rings and shackles
                5" aux back up light
                cb radio sitting in garage. (no antenae or wiring)
                rear hitch with tow shackle reciever

The bad:
                no full size spare.
                no rockers
                no under armour other than stock.
                no spare parts

ideas on what needs to be done??? i have heart and am willing to attempt any repair or build.
                There are plenty of trails to explore that your Jeep will do just fine on. If you're the adventurous type we have some trails you might want to test your rig on that are a bit more technical. It's up to you. Place your order and we'll find a place to fill it. And there are some wicked nice places to visit in between Canada and here. Moab, Colorado, Arizona... You won't be bored.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

well i wouldnt want lots of body damage or major damage to the drivetrain as it is my daily driver and would need to carry me 3300Ks back home at the end of the trip. keep in mind i have never wheeled rocks before, so my only experiance is lookin at your guy's pics. like we have gravel pits and hills and stuff here, but nothing like you guys.

Comment

you can make some rocker protection out of 4x4 angle iron. other than that you can tackle a fair amount of trails here

Comment

make sure you have a spare before you leave the house.
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

While it would be awesome to see you come all the way to Cali, If I was you, I would head straight to Moab and call it done. Tons of stuff for a mildly built Jeep to do in Moab and you just can't have a bad day there. Much more worth the trip than coming here. (not saying it isn't worth coming to Cali, just if you are gonna spend the time and $$ on a trip that you will NEVER forget, Moab is IT!) My .02 Canadian anyway.

Comment

Seems to me part of the reason is to escape the Canadian winter, going to Moab in winter doesn't really help much with escaping the cold

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            Seems to me part of the reason is to escape the Canadian winter, going to Moab in winter doesn't really help much with escaping the cold
                            Cold shmold.... there is no bad weather in Moab! Everything is better there.....even the snow and cold!

Comment

Kinda depends how you look at it, when you travel 2000 miles to escape snow do you really wanna see more?

Comment

Working...
                              X