Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, looking for a jeep

Hi everyone, new member referred to your awesome site by Kodiak Spirit. No ride yet, lookin for a stock YJ, probably 93-95 would appreciate any leads. thanks

Welcome to the board!

How much are you looking to spend? We have a stock 2000 TJ that we are selling for a reasonable price.

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Welcome to the site!!

Comment

Welcome!
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
          Welcome to the board!

How much are you looking to spend? We have a stock 2000 TJ that we are selling for a reasonable price.

Tam
          I'm hoping to spend around 5k

Comment

How about that! Another High Desert member! Hey welcome to MJR. May I suggest you read up on the different forums here on MJR BEFORE buying a Jeep? There's lots of stuff on the various models/years and the more you know, the better buy you will make!

I wouldn't trust Jesse if I were you, he has square headlights I think! No, or is it a station wagon... (he made me spray a mouth full of coffee all over my computer)
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

David, Welcome to MJR!

Listen to Jesse, IT IS HIP to be Square! [ ]111[ ]

There are lots of members here in the High Desert as well as a lot of YJ's. You should be able to find a Jeep without any problem. I'll keep an eye out.

Mitch 88YJ Hesperia

Comment

Hey, and Welcome! I know a girl at work that has a YJ (Red, I think it's an '87 to '89) for sale, it needs some work and she can't get it to pass the smog evap test but, I'm sure that can be fixed! I'm not sure if it's lifted or not but, It runs and looks pretty good, I think she only want's 2K for it! Hit me up if your interested!

Scott, '93 YJ
                "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Welcome aboard, neighbor!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by AVJEEP View Post
                    I'm hoping to spend around 5k
                    I think Chris is asking $7k which is a pretty good deal for a TJ.

There are definitely benefits to a TJ over a YJ...but I dont know if its worth the extra dough...although, Erik did just spend a fortune converting his YJ to coils

Tam

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                      I think Chris is asking $7k which is a pretty good deal for a TJ.

There are definitely benefits to a TJ over a YJ...but I dont know if its worth the extra dough...although, Erik did just spend a fortune converting his YJ to coils

Tam
                      Is that the one in the for sale section?

Comment

Originally posted by AVJEEP View Post
                        Is that the one in the for sale section?
                        Yup

Comment

I'm Jesse's sister and I have a TJ. I have driven his YJ and definitely prefer the TJ. There's something about the coil springs and better flexibility in a TJ! Chris & Tam's TJ is a great buy!

Comment

Y'know guys, I spent some time talkin' AVJEEP into the square headlights idea, you guys don't need to ruin it for me... um, HIM!

I understand the TJ has quite a following, but the lift kits are expensive and complicated... there is the whole 'Death Wobble' thing that YJ's really don't need to deal with... the A/C air sys vaccume tube thing, bad relays and switches that get too hot, the airbags, the need for a steering box slider...
                            TJ's are complicated!
                            the YJ's are the workhorses of the Wrangler world... the TJ's are the spoiled lil' sister ... or in DJ's case the spoiled big sister...

I mean dome lights? third rear brakelight? auto shifter on the floor? gascap on the SIDE?? even the funny bugle lookin' airbox intake is on the wrong side... and where is the jack? hello? behind the seat under all yer camping stuff!! besides the whole 'round things roll' thing.... :devil:
                            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Hey Hey Hey Jesse... I'm a TJ guy and I have hardly any of those luxuries you talk about...

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                              I mean dome lights?
                              What's this "dome light" of which you speak? I keep a mag-light next to the driver's seat...

third rear brakelight?
                              It makes for a good place to mount a CB antenna...
                              [sized]http://jeep.matandtiff.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/dsc01906.jpg[/sized]

auto shifter on the floor?
                              Auto? wtf?

gascap on the SIDE?
                              Of course... I guess you YJ guys like it in the rear? :devil:

even the funny bugle lookin' airbox intake is on the wrong side...
                              I agree... bugles are for playing taps or something... I hacked mine off:
                              [sized]http://jeep.matandtiff.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/dsc02132.jpg[/sized]

and where is the jack? hello? behind the seat under all yer camping stuff!!
                              hmm.... front bumper? At IDTT I seem to remember your hi-lift getting eaten by the waterfall that stuck me up... (I know you're talking about stock jack, but I have to give you grief).

besides the whole 'round things roll' thing.... :devil:
                              Careful... you'd feel awfully guilty jinxing somebody

:devil:
                              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X