Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jeeper in WA!

Well, I finally got my hands (and my poor, poor bank account) on a Jeep Wrangler at the beginning of January. I've been wanting one of these babies for a long time... my little Chevy S10 2x4 just didn't cut it for me!

She's an '08 Red Rock Crystal Wrangler X (2-door), I was actually looking for a TJ, but when a good deal falls into your lap... plus, I've had her for almost two months now and I'm kind of in love, so it all worked out. I have a few pictures, but they were taken at dusk so they're all pretty dark. One of these days I'll get around to taking new ones.

So far I haven't had the money to do any modifications (I've got some other things to take care of first), but I'm planning on a new set of bumpers - at the very least a new front one, 'cause the stock JK front bumper is pretty fugly... though it is plenty big enough to get a good foothold on when washing the hood and windshield - and winch so I can get out on the trails. I'll add on skid plates and lights and so forth once I get going, they're just not on my short list of Things To Do.

My girl's a hard top so, as much as I'm really enjoying the Freedom Top panel-system (they're great for the temperamental Pacific Northwest spring weather here in WA), I'm also looking at some soft-tops - probably just a partial one, like the Bikini tops, 'cause if I've got the hard top off it's warm enough that all I need is a little shade. I'm also looking at doors (mine are full and I'd like halfs or even the safari/element style for summer) and some minor things... like a fuel tank door and Oh Jesus Handles so my mom can stop freaking out every time I take her for a ride.

... so many plans, so little time and money...

As for myself (because I suppose I should introduce me here as well); I'm a 21-year-old female college student who watches far too much television. My major is archaeology and I'll be getting my fancy piece of paper saying I've been trained how to dig stuff up in nice, square holes in spring.

At which point I think I'm supposed to be finding a job or something.
    Remember: No matter where you go, there you are.

Originally posted by spacemonkymafia View Post
    Well, I finally got my hands (and my poor, poor bank account) on a Jeep Wrangler at the beginning of January. I've been wanting one of these babies for a long time... my little Chevy S10 2x4 just didn't cut it for me!

She's an '08 Red Rock Crystal Wrangler X (2-door), I was actually looking for a TJ, but when a good deal falls into your lap... plus, I've had her for almost two months now and I'm kind of in love, so it all worked out. I have a few pictures, but they were taken at dusk so they're all pretty dark. One of these days I'll get around to taking new ones.

So far I haven't had the money to do any modifications (I've got some other things to take care of first), but I'm planning on a new set of bumpers - at the very least a new front one, 'cause the stock JK front bumper is pretty fugly... though it is plenty big enough to get a good foothold on when washing the hood and windshield - and winch so I can get out on the trails. I'll add on skid plates and lights and so forth once I get going, they're just not on my short list of Things To Do.

My girl's a hard top so, as much as I'm really enjoying the Freedom Top panel-system (they're great for the temperamental Pacific Northwest spring weather here in WA), I'm also looking at some soft-tops - probably just a partial one, like the Bikini tops, 'cause if I've got the hard top off it's warm enough that all I need is a little shade. I'm also looking at doors (mine are full and I'd like halfs or even the safari/element style for summer) and some minor things... like a fuel tank door and Oh Jesus Handles so my mom can stop freaking out every time I take her for a ride.

... so many plans, so little time and money...

As for myself (because I suppose I should introduce me here as well); I'm a 21-year-old female college student who watches far too much television. My major is archaeology and I'll be getting my fancy piece of paper saying I've been trained how to dig stuff up in nice, square holes in spring.

At which point I think I'm supposed to be finding a job or something.
    Welcome to MJR! Sounds like your baby is really nice. Got any pics? You have to post some pics, we're all kinda visual around here
    I have family in Maple Valley, and we know lots of great places to wheel. Little Natchez for one. You have a great profession: you work in the dirt, then you go play in the dirt. What more can you ask for?
    Next time I'm up in WA I'll let you know; maybe we'll go hit the trails. Do you like mud?

Kurt
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Welcome aboard Angela, and congrats on the jeep! (and the degree of course!)

What's your favorite tv show?
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
        Welcome to MJR! Sounds like your baby is really nice. Got any pics? You have to post some pics, we're all kinda visual around here
        I have family in Maple Valley, and we know lots of great places to wheel. Little Natchez for one. You have a great profession: you work in the dirt, then you go play in the dirt. What more can you ask for?
        Next time I'm up in WA I'll let you know; maybe we'll go hit the trails. Do you like mud?

Kurt
        Pictures, eh? Well, I have a few, but they're pretty dark because I took them the day I brought her home from the dealership... and it was dusk by the time I got home.

I need to take new ones (hmm... maybe I'll do that today, it's nice out right now and I even have batteries in my camera...).

One problem I'm finding with trails in WA is that all the good ones seem to be either on the peninsula or over in Eastern WA, neither of which is a great location for a quick, one-day weekend trip - which is pretty much the only kind I can handle right now with school. I haven't been out in the mud yet, but hey! I'm all for trying it!

I've noticed that having this Jeep has me going "I bet I could get over/through that" at every obstacle I pass now-a-days.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
          Welcome aboard Angela, and congrats on the jeep! (and the degree of course!)

What's your favorite tv show?
          Oof, that's a dangerous question.

I love Firefly and Farscape and Battlestar Galactica (because I'm a big ol' sci-fi nerd), but then there's also Ugly Betty, House, Psych, Jericho, Burn Notice (when it's on), Dexter...

I told you it was a dangerous question. There's no way I can just pick one.

And you?

Comment

Oof, that's a dangerous question.

I love Firefly and Farscape and Battlestar Galactica (because I'm a big ol' sci-fi nerd), but then there's also Ugly Betty, House, Psych, Jericho, Burn Notice (when it's on), Dexter...

I told you it was a dangerous question. There's no way I can just pick one.

And you?
            I don't really have one in particular, like you said too, but here goes. I enjoy some occasional drama like Gossip Girl or American Idol; documentary-types on art, people and places, especially the art gallery and equator channels on dish network; and auto racing/other action-packed extreme sports, or just anything that comes in HD.

Love the red jeep pics! One day I'll paint my jeep red!
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
              I don't really have one in particular, like you said too, but here goes. I enjoy some occasional drama like Gossip Girl or American Idol; documentary-types on art, people and places, especially the art gallery and equator channels on dish network; and auto racing/other action-packed extreme sports, or just anything that comes in HD.

Love the red jeep pics! One day I'll paint my jeep red!
              I'm a knitter (which doesn't really go well with all the dirt) and I like it when I visit my parents because they have all the HD channels and I can just put on some documentary and sit and knit for a few hours. Actually, that's how I get most of my TV-watching done... I need something visual to keep my attention while I'm doing all the monotonous knitting motions.

Ya know, I wasn't going for red at first - I'm way more of a blues and greens kind of gal - but I think it was because I'd only seen the bright red on the TJs before. The "Red Rock Crystal" is more of a cranberry and I really like it. It also makes me the first of my family members to have a vehicle that wasn't white or some shade of blue since my grandmother got rid of her burgundy sedan 15 years ago. She really sticks out in the driveway when I go to my parents (white - bright blue - navy - navy - RED).

Comment

Welcome to MJR Perty Jeep!

Comment

Welcome to MJR!

Great looking Jeep. Archaeology, that's a great profession. Have gone to many exciting places to dig? Israel, Egypt?
                  SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                  MJR moderator
                  MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

IOne problem I'm finding with trails in WA is that all the good ones seem to be either on the peninsula or over in Eastern WA, neither of which is a great location for a quick, one-day weekend trip - which is pretty much the only kind I can handle right now with school. I haven't been out in the mud yet, but hey! I'm all for trying it!

I've noticed that having this Jeep has me going "I bet I could get over/through that" at every obstacle I pass now-a-days.
                    Well,
                    Like I said, Little Natchez is close enough to do a day run. It's East of Black Diamond about an hour and half drive out toward Mt. Rainier. Really sweet terrain out there. There's some cool stuff over by Cle Elum as well. As soon as the snow melts a little it will be time go out there.
                    Your Jeep is sweet! And don't worry, that "every obstacle I pass now days" thing will just keep getting worse

Here's an idea; why don't you knit a blanket to keep in the Jeep for emergencies. Knit a Jeep into it. That would be cool...:tongue:
                    Rat
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                      Welcome to MJR Perty Jeep!
                      Thank ya!

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                      Welcome to MJR!

Great looking Jeep. Archaeology, that's a great profession. Have gone to many exciting places to dig? Israel, Egypt?
                      Heh. Depends on your definition of "exciting." I've only done one dig so far - a field school through the university - that was pretty exciting to me. But then again, the bulk of my training has been in Pacific NW prehistoric and colonial archaeology, so it's what I know.

I didn't take the Egyptology route, so I probably won't ever get on any digs over there (especially since a good chunk of the people who do train in Egyptology don't even get digs... it's a pretty hard field to crack into). I've definitely been wanting to go out to the Middle East at some point, but there isn't a whole lot of civilian research going on in the area at the moment - the US gov. is training soldiers to watch out for and help preserve cultural resources instead. But maybe in a few years. And I want to get over to Ireland at some point and do some digs there too.

But for now, it's just the Pacific NW!

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                      Well,
                      Like I said, Little Natchez is close enough to do a day run. It's East of Black Diamond about an hour and half drive out toward Mt. Rainier. Really sweet terrain out there. There's some cool stuff over by Cle Elum as well. As soon as the snow melts a little it will be time go out there.
                      Your Jeep is sweet! And don't worry, that "every obstacle I pass now days" thing will just keep getting worse

Here's an idea; why don't you knit a blanket to keep in the Jeep for emergencies. Knit a Jeep into it. That would be cool...:tongue:
                      Rat
                      I'll have to look into that area for late spring/summer, thanks.

As for the blanket; I'm all over it! I've already got plans for one with the Jeep grill on it.

Comment

welcome to this awesome jeep site! your Jeep is soooo pretty! I at first didn't want a red Jeep either but I have grown to love it!
                        Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Working...
                          X