Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought I would post this latest weather info from NOAA, there will be strong N/Nw winds through the Interstate-5 corridor tomorrow, with gusts to 60-70 mph.
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

wow, 60-70 MPH...my poor CJ will be HATING the hill from Pyramid Lake (Smokey Bear) to Gorman. The wind heads straight south down the highway, and slows me to a snail's crawl. Last time, I had to pull the hill in 3rd gear!

Anyhow, see you all in the am. Looks like we ARE NOT GOING TO STOP AT DENNY'S IN SYLMAR!!!! If you were planning on meeting us there, please just proceed up to Flying J. I5 north to Frazier Park. Exit and turn LEFT. You'll see it there on the left hand side.

Comment

Hey SAR Jeeper,

Maybe we'll luck out and not have too much in the morning and the wind on our back on the way home. I just pulled this up . . . is the warning cancelled???

CAZ095-098-099-201030- /O.UPG.KHNX.HW.A.0002.071020T1800Z-071021T1300Z/ /O.NEW.KHNX.HW.W.0004.071020T1800Z-071021T1300Z/ KERN COUNTY MOUNTAINS-INDIAN WELLS VALLEY- SOUTHEASTERN KERN COUNTY DESERT- 730 PM PDT FRI OCT 19 2007 ... HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM SATURDAY TO 6 AM PDT SUNDAY... [COLOR="Red"]HIGH WIND WATCH NO LONGER IN EFFECT FOR THE KERN COUNTY MOUNTAINS AND DESERTS... [/COLOR]
        THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN HANFORD HAS ISSUED A HIGH WIND WARNING FOR THE KERN COUNTY MOUNTAINS AND DESERTS... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM SATURDAY TO 6 AM PDT SUNDAY. THE [COLOR="red"]HIGH WIND WATCH FOR THE KERN COUNTY MOUNTAINS AND DESERTS IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.[/COLOR]

A VERY STRONG PACIFIC STORM SYSTEM PASSING ACROSS NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AND INTO THE GREAT BASIN WILL CREATE IDEAL CONDITIONS FOR STRONG WINDS OVER THE KERN COUNTY MOUNTAINS AND DESERTS ON SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. SOUTHWEST TO WEST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO SPEEDS IN THE 30 TO 50 MPH RANGE BY MID DAY ON SATURDAY AND GUSTS TO 75 MPH ARE POSSIBLE IN THE AFTERNOON AND THROUGH THE NIGHT TIME HOURS. THE WINDS WILL SHIFT TO THE NORTHWEST AND NORTH ON SATURDAY NIGHT AND THE THREAT OF GUSTS TO AROUND 75 MPH WILL CONTINUE. THE STRONGEST WINDS WILL BE THROUGH AND BELOW THE PASSES OF THE KERN COUNTY MOUNTAINS.
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

We had 6 rigs
          SAR Jeeper
          Geebo
          Phoenix
          Schmo
          Mr.Chips
          Highway420

3 of us caravaned from North Hollywood, and met the others at Flying J at 9am. The weather was cool, and a slight drizzle was falling.

At the trailhead, there was no rain, sunny, but still cool. No wind.

Mr. Phoenix decided to keep things interesting before we even got on the trail...ever see an artery squirt!?

Heading up from staging:

Phoenix's 86 CJ7 made it look easy with a very health V8:

I didn't take too many pictures. The purpose of this run for me was to test my new Howell TBI before heading to Death Valley next week. Handled the steep with ease...bouncing didn't bother it, but the DOWNHILL's flooded me out! I've got a few days to work on it.

Airing up at the end:

left to right
          Schmo
          Mr.Chips
          SAR Jeeper
          Geebo
          Highway420
          Phoenix.

It was great meeting you guys out there. I'm looking forward to another run, and maybe my Jeep will cooperate a little more!

Comment

Despite the weather reports, high wind advisories, etc . . . it turned out to be a great day of wheelin'. It really couldn't have been a nicer day on the trail . . . comfortable temps, slight breeze, not too much dust, and we were just about the only ones on the trail! It was great meeting you guys . . . hope to wheel with you guys again soon.
            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Weel I finally made a run!! It was a good time and great weather,except for Phoenix cutting his arm and Sar Jeeper stalling on occasion the day was smooth,I really enjoyed the trail ,was my 1st time on Miller...Also was good meeting everyone and putting faces to the names on MJR..Looking forward to the next time..Geeb
              "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Thanks to every one for making a good day into a great one...
                Had a great time.....Hope SAR can figure out the TBI issue.
                Let us know what you figured out.

Oh...If Mr.Chips is reading this...I checked Red Rock out...seems like they don't have Full Traction any longer, at least not on the web site. Two items, one older trans plate and a package of shocks.
                If you had a secret way in, let me know, please.
                David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

yes it seems that red rock 4x4 is not selling full traction anymore. Try red rock 4x4 and talk to jason, maybe he has a good lead for you.
                  07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Northridge 4x4 has the Full Trac 4" long arm for $2730. plus the extra stuff you need.
                    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Some of Geebo's photo's (he's still learning internet)

Comment

Originally posted by mrchips View Post
                        Northridge 4x4 has the Full Trac 4" long arm for $2730. plus the extra stuff you need.
                        Yeah, but I liked your deal so much better....
                        I guess I missed it. I will try contacting them like you sugg. and see where it takes me.
                        Maybe they were selling out the inventory when you bought it.
                        David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                        I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

David, I see you went with Mr. Orange..Or have you been using it..
                          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                          X