Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a video of parts of the trip... (originally posted by B Cogswell from SCLR)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOUB73J6npU
    Last edited by screwball; 10-22-07, 06:45 PM.
    Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by bruce p View Post
      I gotta go offraoding with you LR3 guys. How dependable are the LR3's as daily drivers? I see alot of them on the road but also understand they have a reputation for being "fussy". Of course, I own a Mercedes which is th epitome of "fussy" so are the LR3's better or worse than the MBZ?
      yeah, you will see your dealer more than you would with an appliance like a toyota, but in comparison to MB's, they are actually slightly better, and more importantly, getting better, whereas it seems MB's are getting worse.

JD Power's Initial Quality survey does not yet show the LR3's, they are still tracking the 2004 Discovery II's, and they are not built nearly as well as the LR3. However, the Disco is near bottom of the list sadly enough.

Interestingly, the JD Power Owner Satisfaction has Land Rover at the top of the list, which is great.

Mine has never let me down, never stranded me, and never had anything serious. The 2005's did have a few problems, but they have all been dealt with via TSB's and 'service actions', and are quite solid now. (0% of the problems are fixed with software these days it seems.

I have no hesitation recommending the LR3 to anyone and everyone. They are superb vehicles, and amazingly versatile. Even if I never wheeled mine, I would still find it very valuable in my day to day life.
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I finally got my photos uploaded. Instead of a few nice artistic shots, I uploaded over 50 of them to give everyone a good feel for the trail conditions and various obstacles on the trail.

Photos: http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/

Thanks again for your help Patrick. Come on out with us next month, but bring your LR3!

Cheers,

Nathan Woods
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Wow! I forgot just how cool that trail is! I need to make an excuse to hit it again soon!

Hey Patrick, the Jeeps lookin' good. :thumbs_up
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
          X