Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just got back from the Rubi yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
      Ol Mike is still pickin' & grinnin'!?!? How many beers did that performance cost ya? great guy! I spent about two weeks on the Con listening to his stories and guitar picking. Great pics, really brought back memories!

well since we were low on beer he only got away with a couple. Myself and two other friends made it into there camp one night to hang out with all the Jamboree guys,jeep dealers, Jeep CEO's and Mark Smiths nephew had several....several adult beverages. It was almost like we were suppose to be there! We actually got to see the Jeep Liberty Diesel cruz into camp at like 11pm. the drivers side was nice and clean but the passenger side was all smashed up!
      good times!
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

a couple extra random pics:

just another good flex shot:

DAMAGE REPORT:

WHITE TJ(me): smashed front fender, driverside doorwell, rear quarter panel, bent TRE, loose control arm, slip yoke on driveshaft damaged, oil pan skid almost tore off and scrapes....

BLUE TJ (Pual): scrathes....oh and master cylinder crapped out.

ORANGE C7 (Carlos): after letting son drive, broken U-joint on Ford 9 inch. after pulling the shaft he ran cadillac hill in 3 wheeldrive

BROWN CJ7 (Mike): hmmm he broke....no....snapped a....no....he drove like a little school girl so no breakage for Mike.

GREEN BRONCO (Ron): no major problems at all on the trail except the darn thing will never start and run well, even with a fuel injected 5.0, on the way home had a wheel spacer sheer off.

Too bad for Carlos's break b/c he has one of the strongest set-ups in our group. luckily he has a winch which allowed him to climb Cadillac with out any more problems.
        here is a small video clip how how 3 wheel drive sucks so bad even with a V8, coil overs, ford 9inches and a 5:1 Atlas:
        Last edited by Dukes69; 08-21-07, 03:12 PM. Reason: Potato gun not needed
        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

All looks awsome. Mabe next year Ill introduce my MJ to the Rubicon.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_arc View Post
            yep at pollock pines. thats where our hotel is that we stay at, the best western. and thats where the AAA tow truck droped my jeep off after i got out of the trail and had no breaks. Bad master cylinder.
            all in all it was an awesome trip.
            I THOUGHT SO! That was where I worked for my first job in High School!! Theres a Ice cream parlor across the way now owned by one of the funniest guy's in the area! Great place to visit!

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Dog View Post
              I THOUGHT SO! That was where I worked for my first job in High School!! Theres a Ice cream parlor across the way now owned by one of the funniest guy's in the area! Great place to visit!

ICE CREAM PARLOR!! Paul lets take some names down so we can find this place next time! mmmmm ice cream

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                ICE CREAM PARLOR!! Paul lets take some names down so we can find this place next time! mmmmm ice cream
                hell yeah, even better we should get some ice cream and put it in the arb cooler, that would be grub on the trail! :tongue:
                97' TJ, tera low 4:1, 60 HP rear, 44 HP front, arb, custom LA suspension, 37" MTR, warn xd9000i

Comment

Working...
                X