Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was fun meeting all of you!! GREAT run! Can't wait to see the video and pic's.

For those of you who had your reservations about going....these guys were a lot of fun and can wheel! John Bull & Holcomb Creek went really well. Ironically the people who had the couple "hang-ups" on the trail were the well-built rigs! XJKevin got in a real pickle and then his finger got smashed - OUCH!

I left after Holcomb Creek and the others continued on to Dishpan. It was still early in the day, like 3ish, but that was because we "enjoyed" the run, scenery, and each other.

On the way home, I nearly took out 2 dirt bikers in 2 different occassions. The first one was just past Holcomb Creek and he was flying around the corner on my side of the road. All I saw was him skidding sideways and then magically he pulled out of it and all I saw was this dust cloud that went toward the cliff. Then in my rearview, I saw him standing there trying to gather himself. He was very lucky! The second was after the campground on the way down the fire road - no green stickers allowed road. 3 dirtbikes come buy showing 4 more coming so I hugged my side of the road and was driving pretty slow. Low and behold if the next 2 don't come flying around the corner on my side headin' straight for me! The one guy skids out and around me on the drivers side, the other one ended up in the bushes on my passenger side and then had the nerve to be waving his arms and hands like it was all my fault! I just laughed and kept going, after all they shouldn't have been on the road.

All in all it was a great day!

Comment

I had a BLAST!! i was happy that we were moving along quite well with no major damage. Except OffRoadFreaks tail pipe! Dishpan was a diffrent trail and i cant wait to run in up hill. Thanks again to everyone who showed up! cya next run with my open/open XJ hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
        Was fun meeting all of you!! GREAT run! Can't wait to see the video and pic's.

For those of you who had your reservations about going....these guys were a lot of fun and can wheel! John Bull & Holcomb Creek went really well. Ironically the people who had the couple "hang-ups" on the trail were the well-built rigs! XJKevin got in a real pickle and then his finger got smashed - OUCH!

I left after Holcomb Creek and the others continued on to Dishpan. It was still early in the day, like 3ish, but that was because we "enjoyed" the run, scenery, and each other.

On the way home, I nearly took out 2 dirt bikers in 2 different occassions. The first one was just past Holcomb Creek and he was flying around the corner on my side of the road. All I saw was him skidding sideways and then magically he pulled out of it and all I saw was this dust cloud that went toward the cliff. Then in my rearview, I saw him standing there trying to gather himself. He was very lucky! The second was after the campground on the way down the fire road - no green stickers allowed road. 3 dirtbikes come buy showing 4 more coming so I hugged my side of the road and was driving pretty slow. Low and behold if the next 2 don't come flying around the corner on my side headin' straight for me! The one guy skids out and around me on the drivers side, the other one ended up in the bushes on my passenger side and then had the nerve to be waving his arms and hands like it was all my fault! I just laughed and kept going, after all they shouldn't have been on the road.

Jul,
        Leave those poor motrcycles alone! You're such a bully...
        I missed ya due to a malady known as laziness. I had the Jeep up on blocks again. Procrastination set in on Friday night and continued until late Saturday. Oh well...
        Glad you all had fun, and except for Kevin's finger no major damage.
        WHERE"S THE PICS??!
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post

DJ, please PM me with the specifics (when, where, etc)
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Had a good day Jeeping with some fine young people. Took over the lead when Off road Freak was confused as to where John Bull was at. We had 11 or 12 rigs. Went up JB with my Son 2nd in line when we stop so Scott could go back and pull XJ Kevin off a couple of rock that his pumpkims found. A quick tug and off we went. Got to the next challenge and walked back to guide people thru. Good young'ums, listen and everybody walked thru. Stopped on top, so everybody could regroup. Freak had a fasination with my prybar, and his tail pipe that kept getting crushed. Down JB we went and had lunch. Off to Holcholm we went. I tooked the harder line thru the rock garden, knowing my Son could'nt resist following me. Went thru with no problem and parked way up the trail to make room for others. Well my Son did'nt fare so well. Had to back all the way down thru the rough stuff on the far left of the trail and give him the strap. LOL. That made my day. Guided others thru, and everybody walked right thru it. DJ, Greg, and the gentleman in the Red CJ7, I'm sorry I'm not good with names, broke off and headed for home. Took the young'ums down to DP, where everybody followed directions, and we walked right thru, with no problems. Went down to deep creek where we played in the water. Said our goodbyes and headed for Arrowhead for Dinner. Good day, with good people, Kevin.

Comment

Pictures??? OffRoadFreaks' sister, Michelle, video'd the entire day. Once she has it edited and ready to go, he will post it with a link to YouTube. I didn't see anyone with cameras since we knew we were being video'd. The video should be quite awesome!!

Comment

ive got a coulple, short day for me, just wasnt feelin it, i was up front so didnt get everyone ill post more later ...

[/IMG]
                Last edited by xjkevin; 08-06-07, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Wow, what a great day it was. Offroadfreak, thanks again for organizing this run. It was a long and dusty day of trails. At times I was wondering if we would make it through all three trails but we did. Had a few close calls that made me a little nervous but all in all a great day(except I had a flat tire this moring). Finished off the day with a jump in to the water at the bridge in Deep Creek. That was so refreshing. I wonder if the guy ever got his jeep off the sand. What a nut. I didn’t get a lot of pictures this time but I will go through them tonight and post a few. It was nice meeting all of you and look forward to future runs.
                  Check out .

Comment

Had a wonderful time, it was very very cool to meet all of you! Nice people, nice wheeling, and nice scenery make for a good day in my book!

Thanks to XJKevin and 1Bad F N Z for referring me to this site, it looks like fun! I'll watch for future local runs on here, would love to do it again!
                    Rusty's 4.5 inch lift, 33" Mud Kings, soft 8 aluminum wheels, 3.55s, F. Locker R. posi, CB, extinguisher, 12,000 lb winch, rack, etc.

Comment

I had great time. Nice folks. Great drivers. Thanks to everyone for the spotting help, especially Jewel. Thanks for OffRoadFreak for organizing the event. Thanks to Jeff411Sk8 the threatening me with the tow strap . I took pics they're on Shutterfly.
                      :gun:

Comment

Excellent pictures! I just brought the neighbor over and we looked at them and found we knew exactly where and on what trail each shot was taken . I can't seem to find my way anywhere sometimes, but I recognize each and every rock on those trails LOL.

Thanks for the post up, can't WAIT to see that video .
                        Rusty's 4.5 inch lift, 33" Mud Kings, soft 8 aluminum wheels, 3.55s, F. Locker R. posi, CB, extinguisher, 12,000 lb winch, rack, etc.

Comment

Well my sister should be done with her other project that was keeping her from doing our video. I'll check to see how far along she is on our video and let you guys know. I'm so anxious to see it.
                          OffRoadFreak AKA Flying Dutchman. 1999 TJ. RE 4.5". 1" body lift. D44 F&R, Lockers F&R, 35" MTRs, Guts to try...well..almost anything.

Comment

We are all anxious to see it too!!!

Comment

Where is that video, was it ever posted?

Comment

How's the video coming?
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X