Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long did it take us to do DP and HC with 14 of us, with no accidents??? 9 hrs or so?? Other than a stuck CJ and a YJ??
    The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Sounds good!

Originally posted by OffRoadFreak View Post
      thanks for that guys. I'll probably do that next time but for this go around plans are already in place and in motion with about 6 other rigs going as well.
      I might be in. When was the last time we did it this way? I like your idea, I've been wanting to run J.B., Holc., and Dish in that order for some time, the rockgardens have a different light. This may be a day to start real early, meet @ 6AM as a suggestion, it's definitly an all dayer...maybe into the night! Ask Mike he and Sharon always run into the night!

As for no lockers and 31's I ran it with 31's a bunch...and 2 weeks ago ran with Gary who doesn't have lockers and had no trouble. Good lines, spotter, pull strap, FUN! The thing is alot of obstacales you will be coming DOWN, gravity will be on your side...and if we have time we can always run UP the waterfall at the end just for fun. Just my $2.00.
      Last edited by Max7; 08-01-07, 08:50 AM. Reason: just did
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Roll Call So Far

Brandon (TJ)
        Jeff (XJ)
        Valorie (TJ)
        Matt (TJ)
        John (YJ)
        Michael (XJ)....maybe
        Michelle (ride along/film crew)
        Tiffany (ride along)
        Marc (ride along)
        Brady (ride along)
        Nicole (ride along)
        Sabrina (ride along)
        Max7 (TJ).....maybe
        Dr. Dirty (TJ and JK).....maybe
        Maddmike (TJ).....maybe

Those of you who are maybes please let me know if you decide to run with us or not....i don't want to be waiting for you at the discovery center if you're not actually going. thanks

Current plan:

Meet at Discovery Center, N.E. side of big bear lake at 8:30.
        We depart no later than 8:45
        CB channel 33
        Bring a lunch.
        Yes it will be a very long day of wheeling....thats kinda the point.
        Trails hit will be John Bull 1st., Holcomb 2nd., and end with Dishpan.

If you're not running it with us but are going anyway then have fun and be safe and maybe we'll do a run together some other time.
        OffRoadFreak AKA Flying Dutchman. 1999 TJ. RE 4.5". 1" body lift. D44 F&R, Lockers F&R, 35" MTRs, Guts to try...well..almost anything.

Comment

ill prob, be joining you guys, i usually tow, but the wife is using the tow rig this weekend, so if i can get the wobbles out enough to drive it up ill be there...maybe balancing my wheels will help//LOL///see ya//Kevin

Comment

I forgot I've got plans, next time.
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

you can put me on the 'not going' list, thanks
              Last edited by maddmike; 08-01-07, 01:58 PM.
              03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
                you can take me off the 'maybe' list, thanks
                sorry dude does that mean you're going or not going. thanks
                OffRoadFreak AKA Flying Dutchman. 1999 TJ. RE 4.5". 1" body lift. D44 F&R, Lockers F&R, 35" MTRs, Guts to try...well..almost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
                  you can put me on the 'not going' list, thanks
                  sorry i didn't read it right, ok man see you next time

Comment

wow its hard to belive how many people are diss'ing the idea of running three trails and the fact that we are open/open?!? OffRoadFreak and I are trail buddies and have done all of the trails in BB with no problems! its going to be a fun trip just to get out and enjoy the day.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff411sk8 View Post
                      wow its hard to belive how many people are diss'ing the idea of running three trails and the fact that we are open/open?!? OffRoadFreak and I are trail buddies and have done all of the trails in BB with no problems! its going to be a fun trip just to get out and enjoy the day.
                      I don't think anyone is Disrespectin' just disbelievin'. I have no doubt that all of these trails can be done unlocked, because I have done them open too. It is just a longer day than most folks are up to. I'd join you but I will be lucky to squeeze out any trail time this weekend.

Best of luck to everyone and I am looking forward to a trail report. Please take lots of pics!
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

WOw! I had to double check to see if I was on MJR! That run is easily doable. I've done that and more in one day. If I could go with you I would Freak. Have fun and takes pics. Looking foraward to seeing you gettin air in the rock gardens. The rest of you, WHATEVERRRRRR...
                        Rat
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by jeff411sk8 View Post
                          i don't think people are dissin' either. i have also done all these trails open with 31's without a problem. it just seems people are busy or you'd normally get a better turnout from this board.

i fully agree that the run can certainly be done as a long day run with BB's and open diffs (and people could also skip out on later runs if they choose), however the reality of trail running is that you may get held up with some kind of "stuck" rig, or get held up behind another group at some point during the day, which can eat away time that you would normally continue onward.

In addition to this, this is a sunday run, and most of us may want to get off the mountain mid-afternoon, as we need to make the trek back home for work on Monday, or don't want to break something on sunday and not be able to get to work Monday

i'm sure you'll get a better turnout next time, it was just luck of the draw. have fun without us!
                          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

thnx for clearing things up. I hope you can see or feel on how i got that vib from most ppl on here. We will see you next time on the trail.

Comment

If your pickin up any negative waves.....It would be because I am jealous.....
                              I have rode those trails as well and I am still open at this point in time. Enjoy the run! Would love to see pictures if you can post them. Its the next best thing, if you can't be there.
                              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                              (Charles Wells)

Comment

I Might Go

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                                WOw! I had to double check to see if I was on MJR! That run is easily doable. I've done that and more in one day. If I could go with you I would Freak. Have fun and takes pics. Looking foraward to seeing you gettin air in the rock gardens. The rest of you, WHATEVERRRRRR...
                                Rat
                                Looks like I am going to Big Bear that day to hang out (BBQ & BEER) with friends so I might just show up and and run half the day.
                                "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
                                X