Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh man I cant wait! looks awesome as usual!
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
      Was the strap that we sacraficed last year as a rope swing still at Rubicon Springs?

Tam
      Tam,
      Yeah, I used it a couple of times.

That's me after doing a header into the rocks. Remeber the rocks?
      Kurt
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Here are some more pics from Debra's camera. And Jason and Shari still have more.

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...rip07/?start=0

Comment

The first night we stayed at Buck Island. Jason found this spot for Shari and I. There was only one other small group camping at the island while we were there. The water felt great after you're in for a little while.

As it turned out there are new rules and we were all too far off the trail. If a Ranger would have caught us it would have been $175 per vehicle.

This is one of the many obstacles around the lake. Most have bypasses.

Kurt and I let Debra and Shari drive through the Big Sluice.

We camped the second night at Rubicon Springs.

This is the falls at the Springs. There is a ledge under the falls you can stand on and let the water pound the dirt off of you.
          Last edited by Double AA; 07-22-07, 09:32 PM.

Comment

After Rubicon Springs is Cadillac Hill.

I almost forgot the compulsory photo of the group crossing "The Bridge" to Rubicon Springs.

Comment

The rule was also in place last year. It only applies to vehicles, you can camp anywhere.

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Shari and I have wheeled several times with Kurt and Stuart and knew they were great guys. On this trip we had the pleasure of meeting Stuart's wife and two boys (sorry no pictures), Jason and his boys, Zack and Josh.

And Kurt's friend Debra. This was Debra's first time four wheeling and she had a blast. Hopefully she'll join us again.

No breakdowns, beautiful country, four wheeling with some great people, not a bad way to spend four days.

Comment

great write up! loved the pictures! looks like fun, fun, fun! thanks!
                  Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

awesome pics guys! Looks like great trail conditions.

hey Kurt, I thought you were going to try the lil' sluice?

My turn for the Rubicon is in 2 weeks
                    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

[quote=miguelitojeep97;82547]
                      hey Kurt, I thought you were going to try the lil' sluice?

We were all loaded down with stuff, and I was too lazy to unpack it all. I have a plan for the next trip though.

Comment

LOL excuses! no thats a really gnarly section of the trail. woulda been hell if you woulda broke something major right there. glad you had fun!

Comment

I need to do it again!!! but I need to fix so much stuff...

Roberto

Comment

Working...
                          X