Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot rock to Holcomb creek 7/14/07

I am gonna lead a quick run from the bottom of 2N17X (Pilot Rock) to see the VV4W trail "repairs" and then on thru Dishpan Have lunch at the Pinnicle staging area and onto Holcom Creek, and then down the back way to Apple Valley. Prolly go to Chevo's in apple valley for Mexican food after the run.

Desert Jewel will be leading some of the run, as she knows these trails pretty good.

We will be meeting @ 8:00am this Saturday 7-14-07 @ the Jack in the Box by Pasco's pizza, Mainstreet and I.ave Hesperia.
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

I'll be there and Mojave Limo will be there! Woo-hoo!!
    Here are some pic's from last weekend going down Holcomb:

Comment

Oops! Hit Post too quickly, here are the rest:

Not a scratch on her:

Looking from the other side:

Comment

Nice pictures! Well the "great88" will be rebuilt in a couple of weeks with a new 4.2 and a Howell injection unit and it needs to start seeing the "FUN" trails. I've never been on either of these trails and if anyone has room for a passenger/photo guy I'd love to tag a long on Saturday. I'm a big boy and can keep my side on the ground!

Mitch - great88

Comment

would love to make this run but we have other plans already (helping install a spa):mad: oh well have fun and maybe next time

Comment

Be careful up on 2N17X. Some crazy people put telephone poles in the ground up there.
            Have fun, drive safe. I'll be up in the Rubicon.

C YA,
            Rat
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I think I'll make it. Are there any vehicle requirements or are you planning on dragging people through.
              I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

we are basically just gonna drag everybody through. If a rig shows up that's not quite setup for the trail, I guess they will learn to be better drivers!

but really, we have all day, so whatever it takes, it takes. I've been through all of these trails open with 32's, so they can't be that bad, and Jim and Lori made it through in their 3WD Rubi...

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                  Be careful up on 2N17X. Some crazy people put telephone poles in the ground up there.
                  Have fun, drive safe. I'll be up in the Rubicon.

C YA,
                  Rat
                  I was there last weekend and there is only one way up the hill and it's tuff. :omg:
                  Check out .

Comment

Well, I will up the ante as a passenger, I'll buy dinner at Chevo's after the run. I really want to gain some confidence and learn some skills before attemping these trails.

Mitch
                    Last edited by Mitch; 07-13-07, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                      Well, I will up the ante as a passenger, I'll buy dinner at Chevo's after the run. I really want to gain some confidence and learning before attemping these trails.

Mitch
                      Hey Mitch,

We are trying to find a seat for you! Should know something by tomorrow....

Jul

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                        we are basically just gonna drag everybody through. If a rig shows up that's not quite setup for the trail, I guess they will learn to be better drivers!

but really, we have all day, so whatever it takes, it takes. I've been through all of these trails open with 32's, so they can't be that bad, and Jim and Lori made it through in their 3WD Rubi...
                        Okay, I'll be the dumb@ss...what's a 3wd?
                        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez View Post
                          Okay, I'll be the dumb@ss...what's a 3wd?
                          They broke a u-joint and outer hub (I think that's what is called) on Dishpan. It wasn't trail repairable so they stuff rags in it and continued on with only 3 wheel drive. They finished Dishpan and then we also did Holcomb.

Comment

Yeah, Good times.... we went to replace the u-joint, but the outer was all outta wack, so no-go. We pulled the drivers side axle, stuffed some rags in the hole, and put the outer back on and they wheeled that Rubi in 3WD for like another 4 hours doing crazy stuff, Jim can drive that's for sure...

Comment

Great88, I would let you ride shotgun, but I am bringing my daughter... anyone else wanna bring some kids that would be great, that's one of the reasons we are doing such a mild run...

Comment

Working...
                              X