Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowher Trail

Any one interested in doing the Rowher Trail this weekend?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

As of now, I'm a maybe (60%-40%) for Sunday 7/15.
    Sandy Reshes
    95 ZJ Laredo
    05 Rubicon

Comment

Cool . . . just let me know if you can make it! I noticed that you're out there in the SCV, which is really close to me, so anytime you're heading out and wouldn't mind an extra Jeep throwing up dust, shoot me a line!

Comment

I'm up to about 80%-20% for being able to do something this Sunday (7/15). I also noticed this day trip being planned for Sunday on another site. I don't know a single person on this other site but the run looks fun. Your thoughts?

http://www.adventure4x4.net/waiting/...ead.php?t=1215
        Sandy Reshes
        95 ZJ Laredo
        05 Rubicon

Comment

Hey, Sandy, got your message. Sorry, but I've been procrastinating on the radiator replacement so I won't be taking the ZJ out wheeling this weekend.

That other thread sounds interesting - wheeling with "the dark side"!

gary
          Gary
          '97 ZJ - lifted, locked & loaded

Comment

Originally posted by ReconZJ View Post
            Hey, Sandy, got your message. Sorry, but I've been procrastinating on the radiator replacement so I won't be taking the ZJ out wheeling this weekend.

That other thread sounds interesting - wheeling with "the dark side"!

gary
            How about I drive my ZJ and (gulp) you drive my TJ?
            Sandy Reshes
            95 ZJ Laredo
            05 Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy R View Post
              How about I drive my ZJ and (gulp) you drive my TJ?
              YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT?
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by ReconZJ View Post
                YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT?
                Serious, but you have to buy your own gas.
                Sandy Reshes
                95 ZJ Laredo
                05 Rubicon

Comment

In that case, let's do Rowher on Saturday. I think I can afford the gas!

EDIT: I just noticed you wanted to run on Sunday - not so good for me.
                  Gary

Comment

I don't know anyone on that site either and have not been to the Red Rock area or really heard much about it. I'd be up for either Rowher or Red Rock or just about anywhere within a couple hours. Either Sat or Sun works . . . just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                      I don't know anyone on that site either and have not been to the Red Rock area or really heard much about it. I'd be up for either Rowher or Red Rock or just about anywhere within a couple hours. Either Sat or Sun works . . . just let me know.
                      Even though Rowher is in my backyard I'd like to do the Last Chance Canyon run Sunday. I've never been there and the run seems well organized by folks who know the trail. It will be an early morning start to get there though. I think it best to try and meet up with some of the group in Acton as they get on the freeway because I don't know how to get to the staging area. I will need to skip the post run BBQ. Let me know if you want to meet off the 14 and follow eachother up to Acton.
                      Sandy Reshes
                      95 ZJ Laredo
                      05 Rubicon

Comment

Sound's good to me . . . will be an early start though!!! Just let me know where off the 14 you'd like to meet up . . . at that time it shouldn't be hard to find each other. I'll probably need to skip the BBQ too as I've got to get back at a decent hour. I've yet to conquer the first ascent on Rowher from the Bouquet side . . . is it as tough as it looks from the trailhead?

Comment

Sound's good to me . . . will be an early start though!!! Just let me know where off the 14 you'd like to meet up . . . at that time it shouldn't be hard to find each other. I'll probably need to skip the BBQ too as I've got to get back at a decent hour. I've yet to conquer the first ascent on Rowher from the Bouquet side . . . is it as tough as it looks from the trailhead?
                          OK, lets meet at the Sand Canyon exit off of the 14 at 6:15am. There is a Chevron station so we can top off there.

If we get back early enough from Last Chance Canyon we can swing by the Bouquet Canyon trailhead of Rowher and go up it, turn around and then come back down.

You may want to try and edit this thread title to Last Chance Canyon, if possible.
                          Last edited by Sandy R; 07-11-07, 05:38 AM.
                          Sandy Reshes
                          95 ZJ Laredo
                          05 Rubicon

Comment

Last Chance Canyon 7/15

6:15am at the Chevron off the 14 at Sand Cyn it is! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the cooler wave we've had the last few days will continue thru the weekend . . . not sure if Turbo (my Co-Pilot) is up for all day @ 105, so he may have to stay behind on this one. If we have a chance to hit Rowher, that would be cool . . . I'm up there all the time anyway so if we don't have time on Sun, perhaps we can run it another day. I'm excited to explore some new areas having only been in Angeles Forest and Frasier Park areas so far . . . hittin' the desert this weekend and off to hit the mountains in Big Bear next . . . ahhh life is good!

P.S.- I have no clue on how to edit the thread title . . . a couple of days ago when I joined was the first time I'd even been in a forum! Please forgive my ignorance

Comment

...I've yet to conquer the first ascent on Rowher from the Bouquet side . . . is it as tough as it looks from the trailhead?
                              Schmo -

With your Rubi you won't have any problems at all doing that first obstacle. When I ran that with Sandy a couple of months ago, he took his stock Rubi and had no problem. On the other hand, I had to try a couple of times on different lines before I found the right one in my ZJ with open diffs.

g
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X