Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You dont need to be a mamber of Cal4. Your rgistration will be like 10 bux more than members. It will be a rockin good time!

Comment

Are there other trips not requiring the locker and skids?

Comment

They are also doing Bald Mountain, you can definetly do the south route without lockers and stuff.

There are parts of swamp that you have no choice but to go across boulder fields, along with the climb up rooster rock wich is straight up a granite slab. You are a long way from help or parts if you get into trouble on the swamp lake trail.
        '04 Yellow Rubicon on 40's with 1 Ton's!
        President - Rubicon4WDA

Comment

Originally posted by Eye4Mud View Post
          They are also doing Bald Mountain, you can definetly do the south route without lockers and stuff.

There are parts of swamp that you have no choice but to go across boulder fields, along with the climb up rooster rock wich is straight up a granite slab. You are a long way from help or parts if you get into trouble on the swamp lake trail.
          Actually we will be going down rooster rock. Definately an e ticket ride.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Heres the article from the cal4 site.

Are you ready for the challenge of the Swamp Lake Trail or would you prefer the scenic beauty of the Bald Mountain Trail? The run stages at Bald Mountain base camp which is reached by a paved road accessible by motor homes and fifth wheels and offers plenty of camping. Sunday night will feature dinner and raffle, and the third annual Margarita Blend-off will be held at base camp as along with registration, tech, and games

Saturday morning up to fifty rigs will head to Swamp Lake, a challenging trail that climbs to over 9,000 feet and offers awe inspiring views of the Sierras including Mount Whitney, Grouse Lake and old mining operations. Squeeze Rock, Rooster Rock, the rock garden and Blast Rock are just some of the problems that drivers and spotters must negotiate over the fifteen mile loop trail. Full size rigs can negotiate the trail if the driver is skilled and can accept body damage. A locker, 33 inch tires, front and rear tow points, and other usual CA4WDC are required. A winch and CB are strongly recommended

The run this year will feature a dinner to be served to hungry drivers and passengers at Swamp Lake camp on Saturday night, which is halfway on the trail. Sunday we will drive out and return early to base camp for games and Sunday dinner

If you have a new rig, a new driver, or you just want to try out your new SUV, Bald mountain trail offers challenges and scenery that are still fun, but less stressful than the Swamp Lake trail. The Bald Mountain Lookout offers breath taking views of Shaver Lake and the Central Valley. Hollywood Hill, Vee Rock, and Shale Hill are thrilling, but less likely to result in scratched body panels. There are other nearby trails that individuals can run on their own on Saturday or Sunday. Bald Mountain Will be run on Saturday and Sunday as well if there is enough interest for a second run

The Margarita Blend-off has been won the last two years by shaken not blended margaritas. Those willing to taste the various entries are given votes. The mixologist with the most collected votes from the tasters wins $100. Other awards and prizes will also be given, including the RTI ramp and best club participation.

The Central District is pleased to sponsor this CA4WDC fundraiser and we hope that more wheelers will make this part of their Labor Day plans. We are experiencing growth in the number of participants and volunteers for this Run. Since the Swamp Lake Run is limited to fifty rigs, be sure to sign up early if you are interested in this run. We will have on-site registration, but our hosts, the High Sierra Ranger District of the Sierra National Forest is very committed to protecting these trails for all to enjoy in the future. For more information, contact event chairs Robert Escalera at broncodealer1@hotmail.com or Steve Egbert at steve@calaccess.net

Comment

Well I signed up last week. I can only do the "SUV" run though, I have no locker or skid protection. Sucks being the po man, I'll have to stay in the sand box with other kids. :smile: Maybe I'll see some of you guy's there.

Rob

Comment

Eighther way ist going to be a rockin good time. And theres a winch to be given away @ the raffle as well.

Comment

Just came back from Shaver Lake area, camped out for a week and went wheeling. Mirror Lake Coyote lake and the upper and lowerr portions of the Dusy, and it was awesome. We had a open diff TJ , front locker broken, limited slip in the rear, and he had no problems.With good spotting you can get through no problem. Trails are very dusty, clogged up one CJ 5 filter. Otherwise perfect weather and great scenery.
                  06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                  07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

You should become a member of CAL4x4,and CORVA there lobbying efforts help keep the trails open for the rest of us.
                    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

A meber of Cal4 I am.

Comment

I was a member back of CA4WD in the 80's, I did the whole club thing. I recently purchased my jeep and plan to rejoin, but no clubs this time. I just don't have the time for it.

Comment

Ive been a mamber of cal4 since april. Ive been in a club for a little over a year and I know what you mean bout not having the time for it. But its cool to have people who are always up for wheelin.

Comment

Al

I am supposed to lead the two day event.
                            I may still need some trail crew to help out.
                            If you want to help, I can get you a free t-shirt.
                            I would just need your shirt size, so Robert has it prior to the event.

No free-be's this year as Cal4 has cancelled Sierra Trek. That is a big money maker for Cal4.

Todd
                            Navy-Jeepster
                            Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                            Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

I can help you. I'm still waiting on my rock sliders but they were shipped monday. As long as I have them I'll be ok for swamp, if for some reason they don't show up, I'll have to do bald mt. I cannot make the pre run.My plan is to camp at Grouse, so I can take the overflow with me. give me a call. 559-707-1371
                              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Hey TOd. Im not goin to make the pre run as well and I think Robert has to work this weekend. Hope you can find some rigs to run with you.....Sorry man. But for sure see you friday. When you comin up?

Comment

Working...
                                X