Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Sierra

For more info check out the cal4wheel.com home page.

I may be in. I will be up in that area in early August briefly checking out trails. I imagine that I'll want to go back for more! When do you need a firm decision?

Comment

I'll be there. I went last year and Swamp is an awesome trail. Harder than Dusy and you can do it in 1 day if you want.
      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Harder than Dusy? I guess I better get my spare parts bag going.

Comment

Well well be up there that Friday but I think there gona star regsration like 7 or 8 ish that Saterday. Hey Al, what you gona be wheelin since you sold you red jeep to Rodney (Gag-me with a spoon) lol? The new 07?

Ps I was the one in the Red Comanche with the flatbed last year who brok at pinch point.

Comment

Originally posted by trickcomanche View Post
            Well well be up there that Friday but I think there gona star regsration like 7 or 8 ish that Saterday. Hey Al, what you gona be wheelin since you sold you red jeep to Rodney (Gag-me with a spoon) lol? The new 07?

Ps I was the one in the Red Comanche with the flatbed last year who brok at pinch point.
            Driving the JK.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce p View Post
              Harder than Dusy? I guess I better get my spare parts bag going.
              As long as you aren't stock and have lockers, you should be fine.

Comment

Im good this year. 4.88s 4 to 1 and lockers. Just gota watch out for the oil pan getters. lol

Comment

Here is a link to pics from last year.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v8.../Swamp%20Lake/
                  Also a link from Russ Chung.
                  http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...ke%202006-Sep/

Comment

I just got back from 5 days there yesterday. We ran swamp,mirror lake, coyote lake, Brewer lake. Swamp was fun and very difficult more then last year. Mirror is a short run but really fun and rough. Sat we did a bonzai run from our base camp in Dinkey Creek to Thompson Hill and back, that was some heavy and rough wheelin there. If you plan I doing Thompson run with 4 or five rigs no more. We left at 9:30am and were back at camp by 6:30am.

Comment

Just and FYI a local club will be holding an event over Swamp during this time frame and we (Rubicon4WDA) will have about 20-25 rigs in the area that weekend as well. Be prepared for traffic.

BTW - there is nothing on swamp that compares to thompson hill this year. It is the worst I have ever seen it, especially the upper section. As Kevin stated we took 4 rigs up thompson hill and back in good time.

Have fun, see you on the trail!
                      '04 Yellow Rubicon on 40's with 1 Ton's!
                      President - Rubicon4WDA

Comment

Originally posted by Eye4Mud View Post
                        Just and FYI a local club will be holding an event over Swamp during this time frame and we (Rubicon4WDA) will have about 20-25 rigs in the area that weekend as well. Be prepared for traffic.

BTW - there is nothing on swamp that compares to thompson hill this year. It is the worst I have ever seen it, especially the upper section. As Kevin stated we took 4 rigs up thompson hill and back in good time.

Have fun, see you on the trail!
                        What local club??? You sure they are involved with this???

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
                          What local club??? You sure they are involved with this???
                          :bonk: duh! I didnt pay close enough attention to the 1st post. My bad, this is your guys event the Sierra Poker Run on Labor Day weekend. We will see you up there with a number of rigs as I mentioned before! Happy Trails ! :cocktail:
                          '04 Yellow Rubicon on 40's with 1 Ton's!
                          President - Rubicon4WDA

Comment

Can anyone go on this trip or do you have to be an CA4WD club member. I have D30/35's with 3:73's and 33" tires, would I just be trail carnage?

Rob

Comment

I ran it last year with 3.55s and 33s. You need at leat one locker for the swamp trip and some skids too but if you got all that youl be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X