Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by great88 View Post
    I went a couple of miles up Rattlesnake Canyon in January this year (before locker/lift/33's). I don't remember any sign at the turn off. I just followed this on google and these are the coordinates as I see them. From Hwy247 go south @
    34 22'12.40"N 116 39'01.93"W (3115ft). go south to
    34 20'23.35"N 116 41'22.84"W (3780ft) merge right away from the 2 ranches and go to the main sand wash @
    34 20'38.82" 116 41'55.04"W (3690ft) go left (south) into the sand wash and travel up to the canyon, picking trails among the rocks and sand. Continue up Rattlesnake Canyon in the stream bed.
    It appears you have google earth... please allow me to email you a .kmz file with tracks that I THINK are rattlesnake canyon trail. there is a rattlesnake canyon road off of the 247, but doesn't appear to do any kind of 'serious' wheeling.

As I searched through google earth, there appeared to be a "no name" & unestablished trail that connects 2N02 to rattlesnake cyn rd. And another 'no name' but established trail also. my email is in a PM sent to you, if you want to take a look at what I've got shoot me an email.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez View Post
      It appears you have google earth... please allow me to email you a .kmz file with tracks that I THINK are rattlesnake canyon trail. there is a rattlesnake canyon road off of the 247, but doesn't appear to do any kind of 'serious' wheeling.

As I searched through google earth, there appeared to be a "no name" & unestablished trail that connects 2N02 to rattlesnake cyn rd. And another 'no name' but established trail also. my email is in a PM sent to you, if you want to take a look at what I've got shoot me an email.
      I would like that, Please. hotrodoil.com @ verizon.net (no spaces)

Comment

you've got mail.

And for everyone else that's silently following this (?)... here is a depiction of what I just sent Rod.

[SIZED]http://images25.fotki.com/v905/file7n4t/ec6e7/9/9459/4116941/rattlesnakecyn.jpg[/SIZED]

You may have to click on the picture to get the full sized version to view.

Comment

The blue section, "no name established trail", what I understand to officially be Rattlesnake Cyn Trail.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
            The blue section, "no name established trail", what I understand to officially be Rattlesnake Cyn Trail.
            That makes perfect sense. About where the blue meets the red, if you go west only a few hundred yards it turns into NFS land, do you know if there is a trail designator for it? Or if the NFS considers it 'legal' wheeling?

Comment

Desert Jewel can give you more info. She may even be leading another run up Rattlesnake during Fun in the Desert. I'm not sure of her official plans yet.
              I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

Working...
              X