Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to be first on Miller Jeep Trail !!??

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Pics, but such a sad scene! Looks like the trail is challenging. Have fun at HDR and we look forward to a trail report later.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

wow the trail does look pretty beat up. Funny though, it looks almost exactly like Bronco peak now. whats with all our good trails getting burned down! is there some 4x4 trail Arsonist?

are those all the pics you have? Im curious how the trail is towards the end.

well I will definitly be going to Miller ASAP when i get home to ventura and then test out my new gears that are coming soon. cant wait!!

OH! and we need a new sign to replace that one that was burnt
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

i would like to go on monday

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
          is there some 4x4 trail Arsonist?
          Sadly, that wouldn't surprise me... look at that crazy "E.L.F." who burns hummer dealerships even though burning them creates more pollutants (due to the paint/chemicals burning) than driving one for a million miles would produce.

If some nut case is burning down trails, it would surprise me... think about it in their eyes... burn it down, trail gets shut down... no more wheeling forever, yet things grow back. Do nothing, people wheel and 'destroy' it. :rollseyes:
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

i was just joking but if i ver caught someone starting a fire the last thing he would see is the BFG tread pattern across his face. I really hope there is no one doing such a thing
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Before/After photos

I’ve tried to dig through my photo albums to find some before/after comparisons.

The trailhead parking area was used as the command post for the northern flank of the fire. It was outside the fire zone. This picture was taken on September 25, 2005:

This is the same parking area on May 25, 2007:

Gatekeeper on July 15, 2006:

Gatekeeper on May 25, 2007:

View of the parking area from the trail on May 21, 2006:

View of the parking area from the trail on May 25, 2007:

The “extra credit” bypass on 9-25-2005. This is desertjeeper:

The forest service has placed a tree across the bypass, signifying that they consider this to be an illegal bypass. Although it is a small tree and can easily be winched off the bypass, please remember to tread lightly and PLEASE LEAVE IT ALONE.

Trail sign on November 27, 2005:

Trail sign on May 25, 2007:

Yellowjacket Canyon Trail sign, May 21, 2006:

Yellowjacket Canyon Trail sign, May 25, 2007:

The lower part of Yellowjacket Canyon was untouched by the fire. This picture was taken on May 21, 2006:

This was taken on May 25, 2007:

End of Yellowjacket Canyon Trail, May 21, 2006:

End of Yellowjacket Canyon Trail, May 25, 2007:
              Last edited by Russ Chung; 11-28-21, 02:39 PM.
              If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
              KI6MLU

Comment

Kabob Hill. This is Al Spires (igofshn) on November 27, 2005:

Kabob Hill on May 25, 2007. Notice that the bypass on the right has been blocked by a log:

The Squeeze on May 7, 2006.

The Squeeze on May 25, 2007:

Sunset Campground was untouched by the fire. This is Sunset Campground on September 25, 2005:

Sunset Campground on May 25, 2007:
                [Img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/UF92134/Lockwood%20Miller%20Jeep%20Trail%205-25-07/P1060103.jpg[/Imh]

Piru Creek’s water level at Sunset Campground is low. This is Piru Creek on May 7, 2006:

This is Piru Creek at Sunset Campground on May 25, 2007:
                []http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/UF92134/Lockwood%20Miller%20Jeep%20Trail%205-25-07/P1060107.jpg[/Img]

View of Lockwood Valley from the Miller Jeep Trail. This is Kevin's (KevinofCamelot) khaki Rubi on November 27, 2005:

This is the view of Lockwood Valley on May 25, 2007:

Here is a link to all of the pictures I took on May 25, 2007
                Last edited by Russ Chung; 11-28-21, 02:52 PM.
                KI6MLU

Comment

Nice pics Russ. Thanks for sharing. I've always liked Miller. I think one day I will actually camp there as well. It will be awhile before the area recovers but it will.

Comment

Great comparisons, Russ. It's always sad to see fire damage but in the end, it's good for the forest.
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                      Nice pics Russ. Thanks for sharing. I've always liked Miller. I think one day I will actually camp there as well. It will be awhile before the area recovers but it will.
                      X2...nice job with the pics! Last year I camped at the Chuchupati (spelling?) campground. Other than getting rained on and sleeping in the Jeep with a blue tarp pulled over it (didn't want to set up the tent in the rain), it was a great time! That was the first time I met Kurt (Rat Patrol)...the next morning as I pulled into the Flying J with my blue tarp still attached, keeping me somewhat dry! Good times!!
                      -Bob
                      '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
                        X2...nice job with the pics! Last year I camped at the Chuchupati (spelling?) campground. Other than getting rained on and sleeping in the Jeep with a blue tarp pulled over it (didn't want to set up the tent in the rain), it was a great time! That was the first time I met Kurt (Rat Patrol)...the next morning as I pulled into the Flying J with my blue tarp still attached, keeping me somewhat dry! Good times!!
                        I remember that day! we met at the Flying J and then our group raced to the trailhead because we didn't want to get stuck behind the Capo Valley 4 wheelers. So that was YOU under the blue tarp?
                        KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                          I remember that day! we met at the Flying J and then our group raced to the trailhead because we didn't want to get stuck behind the Capo Valley 4 wheelers. So that was YOU under the blue tarp?
                          That was the day of :censor:Land Rover!!! And my 1st run with MJR
                          The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                            That's right, I had forgotten that you were there too! And yes, that was me! LOL
                            -Bob

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan View Post
                              That was the day of :censor:Land Rover!!! And my 1st run with MJR
                              Yeah, a stock older Land Rover with street tires on the trail in the rain...good thinkin' huh?!

I think I also remember someone in your group that had a CJ high-centered on that obstical that now has the log layed across it :dunno:. A CJ...CJBrian maybe (but I don't believe so)?
                              That was where I first met you, as we were driving past you guys. That was a fun trip (other than the said Land Rover incident)!
                              -Bob

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
                                Yeah, a stock older Land Rover with street tires on the trail in the rain...good thinkin' huh?!

I think I also remember someone in your group that had a CJ high-centered on that obstical that now has the log layed across it :dunno:. A CJ...CJBrian maybe (but I don't believe so)?
                                That was where I first met you, as we were driving past you guys. That was a fun trip (other than the said Land Rover incident)!
                                The MJR group rushed out of the Flying J to get ahead of the Capo Valley group, but you passed us at the extra credit obstacle while we were using our high-lifts to get Jeremy (Jermy01) over the rocks. (CJBrian had already made it through the extra credit unassisted.)

Actually, I had met you once before, on Cleghorn Ridge in November 2005, and here's the proof:
                                Last edited by Russ Chung; 05-30-07, 01:27 PM.
                                KI6MLU

Comment

Working...
                                X