Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to be first on Miller Jeep Trail !!??

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to be first on Miller Jeep Trail !!??

I just called the Chuchupate District Ranger Station and learned that the Lockwood and Miller Jeep Trails will be open beginning TOMORROW. I'm planning to attend the High Desert Roundup this weekend, but I'm also curious to see what shape the trails are in following last year's Day fire. Normally, the trail can be run by stock Jeeps, but because of the fire it could be more difficult because of erosion. On the other hand, the trail might be easier if the firefighters graded it to get access to the area. Anyone willing/able to go tomorrow? Leave the Flying J at 8:30 am? I'd like to get an early start so I can get over to Stoddard Valley later in the day (assuming I make it through without too much carnage).
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

I'd love to go but getting a Friday off is nearly impossible for me. I am looking forward to seeing the pics though! I haven't driven Miller (yet).
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Well, I can't go Friday so I won't be first. I am interested in going.

When? I will be off riding elsewhere 31 May to 2 June.

Steve

Comment

c'mon russ, miller would be a better weekend than the high desert roundup in 100 degree heat...wanna go saturday?

i can't get off either i have a deadline tomorrow otherwise it MIGHT be possible.
        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

oh man if i was at home in Ventura I would be all over that!!! well when you go, take lots of pictures and let us know how the trail conditions are!! have fun!
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

anyone doing miller on sun or mon im off those days

steve

Comment

June 3rd for me,
              The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Is it... MILLER TIME??!?!?!
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I can go Monday if anyone else is up for it. It's my reward for completing the honey do list on Sat and Sun.
                  Bruce

Comment

I could make it over the week-end, sunday maybe monday? Let me know what day you are going
                    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Well, I found another Jeep to go with me on Friday. And hopefully, I can make it off the trail without too much carnage and get over to Stoddard Valley for High Desert Roundup. If anyone else can go on Friday, post up or just meet us at the Flying J at 8:30 am. Channel 4. Meanwhile, keep the thread going and arrange more runs over the weekend.
                      KI6MLU

Comment

Monday, anyone else?

Comment

Damn I would love to go but I have to leave town for work. Take pictures so we can see how bad or good it is.
                          Thanks,
                          Kurt
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Cool but....

...as tempting as that sounds I got plans for this weekend, and Mon would mean drving back into Orange County with all the other holiday traffic. Now if it could be done by noon then yeah but no biggie there will be more weekends. Be safe and let us know how it looks. We do need to plan a group trip up there SOON!
                            John & Kristi

Comment

Trip Report Lockwood/Yellowjacket/Miller Jeep Trails 5-25-2007

Andrew Weber (ValleyDrew559) and I ran the Lockwood, Yellowjacket and Miller Jeep trails today. Despite the fire damage, the trails have about the same level of difficulty as last year--no harder, no easier. They are quite a bit more dusty, and this is early in the season!

The Forest Service placed a log across the first "extra credit" bypass on the Lockwood Trail. Although the log is small enough to be moved, I'm sure the FS considers that extra credit section to be an illegal bypass, so please LEAVE IT ALONE.

[SIZED]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/UF92134/Lockwood%20Miller%20Jeep%20Trail%205-25-07/P1060016.jpg[/SIZED]

I'm heading for HDR, so I'll write up a detailed trip report when I get back, but
                              here is a link to the rest of my pictures.
                              KI6MLU

Comment

Working...
                              X