Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducy Ershim trail run

this is sopposed to be the mother of trails in our region.. who's in?
    from what i understand, this will require at least one locker, and a very sound running jeep with spare parts, and lots of protection. it is a 4 day run if nothing goes wrong, in the beautiful sierras!
    the schedule is loose on this at the moment.. i'd just like to check interest. it will be set up to run in the early summer time before the mosquitos come out, but late enough for no snow...
    what do you think?!
    this is a double black diamond trail... please see trail ratings before signing up for this run, or even considering it.

black diamond rating
    Black Diamond Run:
    A few experienced hardcore off-roaders with highly modified vehicles desire runs that will push their vehicle and driving skills to the limit, and that is what these are. At least one locker is REQUIRED, (front & rear lockers, 33" tires and low gears strongly recommended).Mandatory safety and recovery equiptment Some body damage is almost guaranteed, and severe drivetrain failure (axles, driveshaft, etc.) is quite possible. Driver error on some obstacles may result in a rollover. Some runs may require additional equipment.

• 1 NAILER341
    • 2 RICK AND SARAH
    • 3 DUKES69
    • 4 BLKTJ
    • 5 IGOFSHN
    • 6 JEEPSKICKASS
    • ? GOODTIMES
    • 8 CETROV - and the wife I hope.
    Last edited by Cetrov; 11-12-03, 07:36 AM.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Re: Ducy Ershim trail run

Originally posted by NAILER341
    this is sopposed to be the mother of trails in our region.. who's in?
    from what i understand, this will require at least one locker, and a very sound running jeep with spare parts, and lots of protection. it is a 4 day run if nothing goes wrong, in the beautiful sierras!
    the schedule is loose on this at the moment.. i'd just like to check interest. it will be set up to run in the early summer time before the mosquitos come out, but late enough for no snow...
    what do you think?!
    this is a double black diamond trail... please see trail ratings before signing up for this run, or even considering it.
    I can only enjoy the photos after the event. Unless, I can co-pilot someone else's Jeep. (I can pour coffee and stuff )

Comment

DUDE!!! I'm pretty sure we're in ... I guess it depends on the timing. End of March I'll have 2 guests in town, end of April (right?) is Moab, and Rick's parents are due in sometime around there too. Which days of the week would the trip be? Thurs-Sun??
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
        DUDE!!! I'm pretty sure we're in ... I guess it depends on the timing. End of March I'll have 2 guests in town, end of April (right?) is Moab, and Rick's parents are due in sometime around there too. Which days of the week would the trip be? Thurs-Sun??
        Moab is the end of May. The week before Memorial Day weekend.

No matter...not enough Jeep to go.

Comment

the schedule is open at this time... those interested can list available times, and we will try to come up with something that works for everyone.
          this should be limited to 10 capable rigs, locked on 33" tires or more... no trailers
          ERIK

Comment

Useful things to know about the Dusy-Ershim Trail:
            This trail is one of the most difficult trails in the USA

More than half of trucks that run this trail come back with at least minor body damage (dents and scratches) as you must drive very close to large rocks and trees many times

It is only open a few months a year as snow and mud makes it impassible

It is long, about 33 miles from end to end, bring extra fuel if you are so inclined

The driving is slow and the trail is at a fairly high elevation, 10,000 feet in some parts

The trail passes through a narrow corridor between two wilderness areas

There are many lakes and other scenic areas within 1/4 to 1/2 mile hike from the trail if you are so inclined

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...rshim+&spell=1
            here is a link from a google search with much more info on this run.. this is going to be GREAT!
            ERIK

Comment

Rubicon in mid July, like maybe 16-18??? Duecy maybe mid to late August???
              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I'm IN!!! As long as I'm not racing or my Jeep isnt busted
                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I might be up for this! I've been trying to get my club to go for a couple of years now, but nobody will commit. It's a great trail, with lot's of Rubicon-like terrain. 33 miles, lot's of rough stuff, but easy sections in between so you can really enjoy the scenery. The entire trail is over the 8000 foot level, so it might not open until late in Summer.

As far as rigs go, I ran it on 33s with a locker in back and a worn out Powerlock in front.
                  Michael Stowe
                  Tin Benders

Comment

count me in.
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Pencil me in. I"m not sure I can make it (depends on the timing, availability of vacation time, condition of the jeep, and a couple of other logistical issues).

If the trip starts filling up to the point where we have to turn people away, I'll either ink my name in or erase it.

Does anyone have friends/relatives in that general area where I could park a tow rig and trailer? I would probably drag the heep up there and back in case it isn't drivable by the time I get it off the trail.
                      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Id really like to take Emily, but Ill need at least one locker. We'll see...if I cant take Em, Ill ride along with Chris and bug him the entire way

Tam
                        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                          At least you have a co-pilot option.

how good are you at washing Jeeps?
                          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

With a dozen VERY capable Jeeps I've done this trail in a day and a half,no sight seeing, just driving. What makes this trail hard is that there are NO bypasses. If you're 10 hours in and can't finish or have a problem, its 10 hours back. Spare parts are even farther because its WAY outside of town. Get VERY prepared by cordinating spare parts so you can share. That being said, it's a great trail !

Comment

I would like to go, that is, if my jeep is built enough
                              ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                              00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                              97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Working...
                              X